Chapter 23 // Travel

•Cassidy

Calum backed me up against the wall, his lips moving against mine in an effortless manner. I could feel my heart beating rapidly against his own since there was absolutely no space between us.

As much as I wanted to go further, my brain was telling me this was a bad idea. I liked Calum a lot, but I was still terrified that he was going to use me again. I didn't want the rebirth of our relationship to crumble, and I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle another betrayal or heartbreak. I needed to trust my brain on this one, since a part of me was still slightly weary on trusting Calum.

"I want to take this slow," I mumbled, combing my fingers through his hair as his hands held my waist firmly, rubbing circles against my hip with his thumb.

Calum pressed his lips against mine again, initiating another chorus of fireworks to explode in my stomach. "And I want you to be my girlfriend."

I grinned widely. I knew Calum had a crush on me too, but the fact that he was already so positive that he wanted to be serious with me was such a blissful feeling. Luke wasn't ever able to have this kind of commitment, and I'm so glad that Calum adored me that much to be willing to call me his own.

"Shouldn't we at least go on a date first?" I asked, giggling softly so it wouldn't sound harsh.

"We live together! Everyday is a date!" Calum exclaimed, laughing against my mouth as he kissed me again, reuniting the lovely connection of our soft lips.

"But like a real date," I protested, sliding my hands down his abs until they reached his waist, and I tugged him a bit closer to me. "I'm sorry for being annoying about this. I'm just scared, okay? So I want to be sure this is going to work out. I mean, it's not that I don't trust you, but I don't trust you."

Calum nodded, a small smile curling from the end of his lips and making its way up to his brown irises that now were sparkling with flecks of joy. "I understand, baby. I don't blame you. I'm lucky you even forgave me."

My heart swooned at the use of this new term of endearment that he has been shelling out lately. It was so much cuter and more affectionate than simply babe. "Okay when you call me baby it makes it really hard for me to take things slow," I complained, lowering my hands even further, in a cheeky manner, until they finally reached his butt.

He laughed loudly when I squeezed it gently, admiring its toned quality. "Well unless you want something to get hard I suggest you remove your hands off of my bum."

I chuckled, wiggling out of his grip and causing him to roll his lips over into a pout. "Come on, Calum. We're supposed to go to Australia tomorrow, so we probably should start packing."

"Fine," Calum huffed, intertwining his fingers with mine as I yanked him towards our room to start filling up our suitcases.

I folded various clothes neatly, tucking them into my suitcase that was sprawled open on our bed. I was excited to go home and see my family. Although I knew this was going to be hard to go back to a home without my childhood dog or to visit the place where the root of my problem with Calum began, being home was something I have learned to love and appreciate.

Calum came up from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzling his head on my shoulder. "I'm sick of packing," Calum whined, swaying the two of us back and forth.

"You've only been doing it for five minutes," I stated with amusement, leaning my back against his stomach.

"I like you, Cass," Calum blurted out, planting another kiss on my cheek. "I don't know how I transitioned from thinking of you as a sister to being attracted to you, but yeah. I like you."