Chapter 31 // Spider

Calum

Cassidy had came home only a little bit after me, but she refused to say anything. She just went right into our bedroom without muttering a sound. Granted, I didn't say anything to her either. But in my defense, there was a good movie playing on the TV.

Cassidy was stubborn. She always has been. It's just a part of her personality. In some instances it is wonderful because she always will stand up for what she will believes in. It portrays how strong she is as a person. However, in most cases, it just means that Cassidy will have to be by herself for a little while and figure things out before she says anything. And I had to respect that.

I mean, I knew she wasn't completely mad at me otherwise she would have just stayed at Bree's house for the night. Of course I messed up, but I'm hoping she will come to her senses and realize how insignificant this entire situation is.

A loud shriek suddenly pierced through my eardrums. It was high-pitched, and it definitely was coming from the bedroom. I leaped to my feet instantly.

"Calum!" Cassidy shouted, and I sprinted towards the room as soon as I heard her lovely voice was laced with sheer panic.

I opened the door, slightly breathless with a concerned look on my face. Cassidy was standing up on the bed, her hands covering her mouth. "Cass, what's wrong?"

"There's a spider," She yelled, pointing in the general direction of it. I nearly rolled my eyes at her for being such a wimp, until I caught a glimpse of it and jumped backwards in fear.

This spider was freakin' massive.

"Oh my God," I said while in the midst of practically trembling. I grabbed the closest thing to me, which was a bottle of my cologne, and slowly approached the giant arachnid. I rapidly started spraying the spider with the cologne in hopes that the fumes would make it die, but instead it just got even angrier and crawled around even faster.

I screamed, jumping up on the bed where Cassidy was, as if this was some sort of protected spot. At least when I'm up here it can't creep over my feet.

"Calum! Go kill it! Or like throw it outside! I don't know, do something before it lays eggs!" Cassidy yelped irrationally, even though I'm pretty sure this spider wasn't pregnant. It looked like a dude. But I was no spider expert. All I knew was that this little bug was coming even closer to us.

"Okay, okay!" I yelled, bouncing on my feet since I was so jittery and panicked. "Turn your flashlight from your phone on it! Maybe it will freeze!"

"Calum, this isn't a helicopter chase!"

"Well it could have stage fright!" I tried, keeping an eye on the creepy crawler as it started to ascend up the wall.

She shrieked again, clutching onto my arm in fear as it got close to us. "Calum, please just get it out of our room!"

I scrambled around to find something useful. We obviously weren't going to have any nets laying around, and it wasn't like I was an avid reader with lots of books. I dived into the closet, my hands shaking, as I grasped the first shoe I could find.

I hesitantly walked closer to the wall where the spider was latched onto. The closer I got to it the more I could see how big this thing was, and how it looked like it had the potential to sacrifice me to the Devil with its eight giant legs. "Shit, Cass, it's huge. This could be the spider who bite Peter Parker!"

I carefully wound up my arm, lining up the shoe with its body, and stomped the spider with the bottom of the shoe. The smack caused an echo to rumble through our walls. I inspected the shoe after, and sure enough the bodily remains of the spider were stuck to the bottom of it. So I threw the shoe in the trash can.