Chapter 51 // Over

•Cassidy

"I think your phone is ringing," Bree told me, nudging towards my bedroom with her hand that was holding onto a slice of pizza.

I jumped to my feet, walking over towards my room and unplugging my phone from my charger. It was Calum calling me, and I hesitated before answering. I really wanted to ignore him and become independent again, but I was curious as to what he wanted to speak to me about.

My foot kicked my door shut. I was sure that if Bree knew I was still in everyday contact with him she would give me another lecture. It's all so complicated though. I want to talk to him and hear his adorable voice with his slight lisp or the rasp he acquired when he was groggy, but I didn't want to face the fact that every time we speak I end up getting more hurt than before.

I knew it was a bad idea, but I still lifted the phone to my ear. "Hi," I greeted shyly, folding my knees up so I was sitting cross-legged on the bed.

"I can't believe you!" Calum yelled straight away, startling me. "Why did you do this, Cass? Why?"

"Do what?" I asked in irritation, dreading this conversation already.

"Are you not going to tell me what you did last night?" Calum questioned in accusatory tone. "Were you planning on keeping the fact that you went on a date last night a secret from me?"

I groaned, throwing my head down onto the pillow. "What? Calum, I told you I was hanging out with Troy. Please don't make this into a big deal."

"You hanging out with Troy is a completely different subject than having to see the two of you kissing and cuddling on the cover of every magazine!" Calum argued. He sounded incredibly frustrated, and more upset than angered.

I felt my cheeks alter to a shade of bright pink. My face always grew hot with embarrassment or with nerves, and the idea of pictures of a simple outing was all over the media right now made me feel incredibly uneasy. If I was in Calum's position I would be jealous if I saw pictures of him with another girl, yes, but I wouldn't be getting as furious as him.

"Calum, you broke up with me so you could hook up with other girls. I barely even go on a date and you're flipping out," I stated in a monotonous voice.

He groaned under his breath. "But have I hooked up with a single girl yet? No. I thought I would be tempted but I'm not because I'm in love with you. I thought you felt the same way, but obviously I was wrong since you were so quick to move on."

Move on. God, I wanted to snort. He had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Obviously I wasn't even close to moving on if I was still talking to him.

"Calum, whether or not you acted on your original intention is not my problem. You can't get mad at me for hanging out with my costar when you dropped me like it was nothing," I responded, fighting the urge to scream at him for his controlling behavior when we weren't even together anymore.

He sighed so loud I could hear it through the phone. "Cassidy, don't act like this is easy for me. You know how hard it is. I don't go a second without thinking about you. If I didn't care I wouldn't be calling you all the time."

"You only contact me when you need something. Like when you need someone to reassure you, or when you need someone to flirt with when you're drunk, or when you need someone to send you pictures because you're horny and apparently can't watch porn like a normal guy," I rambled, trying to show him how I felt like I was being used merely for his own personal gain.

"Okay, yeah. But aren't you glad all my brain is capable of thinking of is you? Even when I'm completely hammered, I still turn down other girls and only want you. I've never had that kind of loyalty to someone before, Cass," Calum admitted. "I was wrong about the whole break-up. I told you I just needed a few weeks to see if I could handle being in a relationship. And I can. So I was calling to ask if you wanted to give us another try."