Chapter 33 // Reagan

•Calum

Cassidy was sitting cross-legged on the couch, a porcelain bowl filled with cereal on her lap. She was dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a white tank top that was naturally bunched up at the end, revealing a tiny part of her sun-kissed skin. She was so beautiful, even when she was just lounging around without any effort.

I could feel my heartbeat quicken just from viewing her appear to be so comfortable. A beam of light from the large window was shining on her face, making her seem to glow in a heavenly manner. It seemed pretty accurate, since I think she is an angel. Especially when she eats her cereal in small little bites with her lips just barely curved into a smile as she watches something mildly entertaining on the television.

She looked happy. And that makes me happy.

"Morning, baby," I finally greeted, stepping out from the bedroom's doorway to stroll over towards her.

Cassidy's eyes lit up with joy at the sight of me. I perched down on the cushion next to her, bending my head down to plant a kiss on her forehead.

"Hi, Cal," Cassidy nearly exclaimed, scooping up some more of the cereal and lifting it to my lips, which I gladly took a bite of.

"You're so cute," I blurted out, since I found the almost motherly-like action to be absolutely adorable. "What are you doing today?"

She leaned her head back in frustration, letting out a groan under his breath. "I have to do this stupid photo-shoot for a magazine today. And then I just got a call from my dentist that they are pushing my wisdom teeth removal for Thursday, so I'm going to have to get surgery even sooner now which is just fantastic."

I couldn't help but laugh at the mere thought of her when she's going to talk incoherently and be hilarious while under all of the dentist drugs. "I'm sure it will all go smoothly though, Cass. And I bet you're still going to look great even when you resemble a chipmunk."

"Thanks," She replied completely sarcastically, rolling her eyes at me. "Will you be able to drive me there though? I don't think I can drive when I'm on laughing gas. I mean, I can always ask Bree if you're in the studio or something-"

"Cass," I said firmly, interrupting her from rambling. I placed my hand on her thigh, giving it a slight squeeze. "Of course I'll drive you. And I'm in the studio tomorrow so I will be free Thursday. I got you."

She grinned, kissing my cheek before she leaped to her feet. "Thank you so much. I have to get to my shoot early so they can do all my hair and make-up. You should invite the boys over or something."

"Maybe I will," I agreed, thinking that it would be nice to see my friends since I haven't had any proper guy time in awhile.

•*•*•

Michael's jaw dropped, letting his mouth hang open as he gaped at me. "Are you kidding me?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "C'mon, you know it's true."

He shook his head back and forth, crossing his arms across his chest. "No, it's not. I would totally beat you at a dance battle."

"But Calum has better hip rotations," Luke argued, shoving some more pretzels into his mouth. He chewed on the snack loudly. "You kind of look like a snake when you dance, Mikey."

Michael rolled his eyes at him, throwing the pillow he was sitting on at Luke's face. The four of us all chuckled in unison. I've missed our stupid conversations, and I've missed living with them. Of course I wouldn't trade up the opportunity to live with my girl, but it scared me that someday we're all going to live separately and be settled down.