Chapter 3 // Moving In

Cassidy

My eyes dazzled with joy as I scanned the beach house they had transported us to. It was absolutely beautiful and was in a secluded area on the beach, free from paparazzi and tourists, which was a bit more enjoyable than my house in Los Angeles. My heels clicked against the pure white tile in the vast kitchen as I strolled over to the large window that illuminated the living room and was a picture frame for the beach in front of us that had waves continuously crashing against the coarse sand.

I definitely looked like a human version of the heart-eye emoji right now.

The house was perfect in every single way, minus the fact that I would be living with Calum. He wasn't even glancing around, his head was ducked down and he was typing away on his cell phone. "Can you at least help Martin bring in the rest of the boxes?" I snapped at him, making him look up in a flustered manner.

"No. I'm not helping move our stuff in when I don't want to live here," Calum complained. "Don't be so sassy, Cass. I don't see you helping them either."

"Well I'm actually looking around and scoping the place out," I defended, crossing my arms across my chest again and feeling the chiffon material of my tank top rub against my forearms. "And don't call me, Cass or Cassie. We are not friends."

He stood up straight, removing the slump in his spine from leaning against the marble counter-tops in the kitchen. His t-shirt tightened around his biceps with his movements and it was quite weird to see the little scrawny Calum that I once knew as such a buff character. "It's a habit," He stated with a huff, making me want to shudder as the memories from our past creeped back into my brain. "And we're going to have to try to be friends, Cassidy. I'm not going to just bicker with you everyday. We can at least make this easy for ourselves and just forget what happened and start over."

I laughed in a condescending manner, shaking my head rapidly to completely turn down his offer. "I'm not starting over. At this point I'm pretty sure that even if you actually man up and apologize after four years that I still wouldn't forgive you. We are not friends and we never are going to be."

He ran a hand through his dark hair, tugging on the ruffled pieces slightly before letting his arm drop back down to his side. "You're overreacting. At least I'm making an effort to start over. I'm not going to live here and have you constantly arguing with me."

"We don't have to argue all the time. You stay in your room and I stay in mine. We'll make a schedule for separate meal times so we don't have to eat together. It's simple really," I suggested, making my stomach churn at the mention of having to have a sit down dinner with Calum.

"There is only one bedroom," Calum deadpanned.

My face paled as I glimpsed around the narrow hallway and realized he was correct. I must have mistaken the closet door as another room. "Fine. Then I'll sleep on the couch."

Martin dropped a heavy box onto the tiled floor, making a thud echo throughout the nearly baron home. He dusted his hands off on his black slacks and lifted the back of his palm to his forehead to remove the lingering beads of sweat that the kitchen light was reflecting off of. "You're not sleeping on the couch, Cassidy."

"Okay, then Calum is," I ordered, shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly.

"There is no way in hell I'm sleeping on a couch every night," Calum whined. He glimpsed up at his manger for help, similar to a child asking their parents for back up.