Chapter 59 // Dinner

•Cassidy

My phone vibrated against my night stand but I made no effort to answer it. I knew it was Calum and I knew I was avoiding him, but it was so much easier for me to ignore his attempts to talk to me than to confront the situation.

I took the morning after pill and I had also scheduled an appointment with my doctor to find out whether or not I actually was pregnant, along with picking up a few of those at home pregnancy tests. I was hoping that they all would come back negative. I'm not ready to take care of a child.

I still felt like such an idiot for letting this happen. Calum and I are not even together anymore. I shouldn't have given in to him so easily after everything that had occurred between us. But damn, that boy was so irresistible.

"Are you ready to go over to the Hood's?" My father called from the bottom of the staircase. My parents had got home from the hospital about an hour ago and we only briefly exchanged our gifts. It has been an extremely boring Christmas, but I had too many worries floating around my own brain to enjoy the holiday anyways.

I took a final glance in the mirror, smoothing out my skirt and adding another spritz of perfumé onto the center of my neck. "Yeah. I'll be down in a sec," I yelled, unplugging my phone from my charger without even glimpsing at what Calum's messages were about.

My feet squished themselves into a pair of flats before exiting through the front door, following after my parents. We arrived at Calum's doorstep about a minute later, and I was grateful that he lived right next door so the amount of time I spent walking was slim.

"Hey, you guys!" Mr. Hood greeted happily as he opened the front door, a giant smile plastered on his face. I spotted Calum in the background and his eyes instantly locked on my own, as if he could always sense my presence. He was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants that hung loosely around his waist, and I had the urge to just pull them down and reveal his toned legs right then and there. "Come on in!"

My parents were talking to Mr. Hood about something, but I was only paying attention to Calum and how hot he looked. He approached my family at the front door and finally peeled his gaze away from me. "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Gold. Thanks for coming to dinner tonight. My parents have been so lonely all day."

My mum laughed even though it wasn't funny, and hugged Calum tightly. "Of course, Calum. I can't wait to hear all about my favorite rockstar's adventures," She cooed, pressing a motherly kiss onto his cheeks that were now burning up to a shade of bright red.

"Cal," My father said as he extending his hand out for him to shake. My dad's eyes lit up. "Wow, you've got a nice firm handshake there. You're turning into a fine young man."

I wanted to roll my eyes. They wouldn't be saying any of this crap if they knew Calum might have knocked me up.

Calum's smile faded as he turned to me, his dark eyes piercing into mine and watching me with worry. "Hi, Cass."

"Hi," I mumbled shyly, as I suddenly grew rather uncomfortable remembering what had happened last time I came over here and the fact that both of our parents were watching the two of us like a hawk. "I'm so glad you clearly dressed up for this dinner."

Calum chuckled at my sarcastic remark, swinging his arm around me again. "Hey Mum?" Calum called over to Joy, who was setting stuff up in the kitchen and who I had yet to formally greet yet. "Is it okay if Cassidy and I go play Fifa in my room again until dinner is ready?"

"Sure, honey," Mrs. Hood replied, which made my parents grin from ear to ear.

"It's so nice that you two are friends again," My mother declared, leaning her head onto my father's shoulder as if she was so proud to see us having fun together, when we were actually completely lying to all of them.