Chapter 19 // Max

•Cassidy

Calum was still asleep, his thick eyelashes tickling just below his eyes. His lips were curled up into a very small smile even when he was snoozing, making me smile that he was so at peace. One of his arms was still hooked around my waist, so I carefully slithered out of his grasp and picked up my phone that was lighting up with messages.

To- cASS: morning cass :-) what are you doing today?

To- Lukey: nothing as usual!

To- cASS: you're so lame it hurts

To- cASS: but mikey and i are going to the studio today to record some stuff and i didn't know if you wanted to stop by and then get some lunch after?

To- Lukey: okie dokie

To- cASS: artichokie

To- Lukey: see you in a bit x

I locked my phone afterwards and crawled off of the mattress to go cook myself some breakfast, since there was an undeniable rumbling in my stomach that desperately needed to be silenced with some food. Luke and I have been seeing each other a lot lately, which is kind of terrifying. I mean, I enjoy his presence because I have a major crush on the kid, but it's scary to think that I may actually end up in a serious relationship. Plus, with all of the time I've been spending with Calum lately, there is an unknown feeling of guilt chewing away at me as well.

I placed some bacon onto a frying pain, coating it with a little bit of oil so they would cook nicer, and initiating that sizzling sound that was basically music to my ears. Two identical waffles had been pressed into the toaster, altering their bland yellow color into a beautiful toasted shade of brown that was just waiting to be topped with syrup and strawberries.

My delicious breakfast covered the top of one of our shiny plates and my mouth practically watered at the sight of a top-notch gourmet meal sitting in front of me. A glass of orange juice, filled to the brim, was a lovely companion to my stereotypical breakfast.

A butter knife sawed through the waffle that had drowned in the sea full of syrup and confectionery sugar. I lifted a bite up to my lips and realized that a) I should become the next great chef and b) whoever my future husband is will be extremely lucky that I am actually capable to make something other than cereal in case I ever have to make dinner one night.

Calum strolled into the kitchen, seeming less lethargic than he was when he came home last night. His brown hair was tucked underneath a gray knitted beanie. "Calum! Look what I made!" I squealed excitedly, showing off my masterpiece to him as if it was a prize you could win on a game show.

He chuckled, plopping down on the seat next to me and stealing a piece of bacon off of my plate. "It's delicious, Cass."

"Thank you. But try my waffles," I insisted, lifting my fork up to his lips. His teeth bit the waffle off of the other end and he chewed it for a few seconds before swallowing. "Did that just blow your mind or what?"

He shrugged nonchalantly. "I've had better."