Chapter 8 // Press Conference

Calum

"I'm sorry," I admitted awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck as I viewed Reagan get dressed as fast as possible, with her cheeks flushed a bright tint of red. "I didn't think she would be coming home for awhile."

Reagan shrugged, quickly twisting her messy hair into a knot on the top of her head and slinging her small purse over her shoulder. "It's fine."

I nodded, biting down on my lip as I tried to think of something appropriate to say. I hardly ever had an actual conversation with Reagan. It was a mutual thing. She was chasing her fifteen minutes of fame, and I was chasing some kind of affection in this brutally lonesome lifestyle I lived in. "I'll, um, I'll call you?"

Reagan chuckled half-heartedly, placing a final kiss on my swollen lips. "Calum, you know very well that we don't do that. But when you would like a second round without any interruptions, let me know."

"Okay. Bye, Reagan," I called, hiking my pants up my tan legs and not bothering to put my shirt back on. It was slightly chilly outside tonight though, but that could possibly be from the fact that Cassidy was about to lose her chill.

I exited the bedroom after I heard Reagan disappear from my new home, coming in contact with an angry Cassidy perched on our sofa. I sneaked a glimpse in the mirror hanging on the wall next to her, spotting a line of hickeys covering the surface of the skin on my neck. If I didn't cover those by tomorrow I would be in major trouble.

Cassidy folded her arms across her chest expectantly, and I finally broke out of my lazy trance to meet her gaze. "You're a pig," She snapped. "You don't even care about that girl. That's disgusting. You haven't changed a bit, have you?"

"Cass," I grumbled, rubbing my palms against my eyelids as if she would vanish when I would open them. "It's none of your business. And I didn't expect you to be coming home for awhile."

"You were on my bed! How is that not any of my business?" She screamed, then visibly cringed as she thought about the two of us going at it like rabbits on her mattress. "I'm sleeping on the air mattress tonight, you can have the bed. Just change the sheets for Christ's sake."

Cassidy stomped away like the little brat she was. I rolled my eyes at her childish overreaction, but still obliged to her commands. I stripped the bed of the sheets and placed them in a laundry basket, then found a different pair of sheets to hug the bed instead. Considering the fact that we had to be up early for a stupid press conference tomorrow, I slumped down into the bed and nestled my head against the pillow.

I locked my phone after mindlessly scrolling at the same time Cassidy came into the bedroom, now dressed in her pajamas with the makeup she was previously wearing no longer sticking to her face. She let out a heavy groan as she flopped onto the air mattress on the floor, wrapping the blanket around her petite body.

An uncomfortable silence fell upon us. It never used to be this way when we were friends. We used to get in trouble for talking too much. Of course, I had ruined that, but in instances like these where nothing but the sounds of our exhales filled the room, I would much rather have her screeching at me over something stupid.