Epilogue

•Cassidy

FIVE YEARS LATER

I stood off to the side of the stage, observing my husband who was currently belting out against the microphone. Sweat was pouring down his face as his fingers rapidly strummed away at the strings. I danced along to the beat of the blaring music, hiding slightly behind the curtain and tucked away from the view of the crowd that was loudly singing the lyrics back to the band.

5 Seconds of Summer were still together, as I imagine they probably always will be, and they were still making music, just at a much slower pace now. They weren't on a tour at the moment, mainly because everyone was too busy to hit the road right now, but they still did random shows every so often like the one they are performing right now.

I still miss what it was like touring the country. Going on tour with the boys was probably the most fun I've ever had. Nights like tonight bring me back to how crazy of an experience it was and how much pride I got to feel from seeing them all achieve their dreams every night. I wasn't even supposed to be attending tonight- I had prior commitments- but I'm glad I am able to soak up the atmosphere again.

"We're 5 Seconds of Summer, thank you so much!" Ashton yelled out to the crowd over the roar of their screams, as he took his final beats against the drums.

Luke was the first one to run off stage, and he immediately gasped at the sight of me. "Cass! I thought you weren't going to make it," He yelled, sprinting towards me and colliding our bodies together into a tight hug.

"Surprise!" I said after the fact, taking those weird side steps as we hugged for a long time. His t-shirt was completely stuck onto his back due to the outrageous amount of sweat that lingered on his pale skin and he reeked of body odor, but that didn't stop me from letting go of the embrace.

"Come on, let's get out of here before anyone else sees," Luke suggested, gripping onto my arm and tugging me into the dressing room before the other boys could catch even a glimpse of us.

I entered into the dressing room, viewing the familiar black leather couches that seemed to be inside every single one. It hit me with a tremendous sense of nostalgia to that tour I was able to be apart of and all of the memories from the shenanigans that took place on the road came flooding back into my brain.

"Okay, maybe I'm going crazy. But I distinctly remember you saying there was no way you'd be able to come to the show tonight because you were doing promo in New York for your new movie," Luke stated, lifting his eyebrows up at me at a questioning manner.

"Maybe I just missed you too much, Luke," I teased, giggling to myself. Luke rolled his eyes at me as he lifted his sweaty shirt over his head and began to get changed. "I finished up interviews a lot quicker than I thought so I got on an earlier flight. I couldn't miss the show."

Luke opened his mouth to say something else, but instead was interrupted by the chatter coming from outside the dressing room and the footsteps that were loudly approaching us. The three of them always took forever to get back to the dressing room because they would stop and talk for so long, meanwhile, Luke always was in a rush to relax afterwards.

"Go hide!" Luke yelled frantically, pushing my body in the direction of one of the closets. I tried my best to scurry inside of it, ignoring my apprehensive feeling towards being tucked in a cramped space.

The voices grew louder and I heard someone flop down onto the couch. I desired to be in that same place. Being crouched down in an average sized closet with a large belly wasn't the most comfortable situation.

"Why do they not have any beer in this fridge?" I faintly heard Michael complain. "They've got to have some beer in here somewhere. What's this door lead to?"