Chapter 60 // Talks

•Calum

I could see Cassidy's bedroom was still being brightly illuminated by her light, even though it was nearly two in the morning. I automatically let out a sigh. I knew she was up, lost in her thoughts the same way that I was, and I just desperately wanted to talk to her.

Ever since she has entered my life again I couldn't get enough of her. I was so damn in love with her. I wanted to make up for all of the lost time we spent being apart back when I was an idiot and she was stubborn. I always seem to be craving her.

Unfortunately, I don't think she feels the same way as me. Cassidy always seems so guarded lately, which is like the two of us had switched roles. I'm usually the one who locks everything inside and doesn't share things, but now she is the one who keeps pushing me away whenever we're not forced to be around each other.

I leaned over, gripping onto my phone. I switched her contact name back to something more suitable now that we were sort of together again.

To: baby mama- come over

To: cal- i'm alseep

To: jk cassie- no you're not
To: jk cassie- i can see your light on

To: cal- congrats you have nice vision

To: goldilocks- don't be such a prick

To: cal- well my name is cactus-idy

To: goldilocks- ok that was funny
To: goldilocks- i'm coming over if you don't
To: goldilocks- i miss you

To: cal- clingy
To: cal- you just saw me at dinner

To: goldilocks- sorry i'm in love with you

To: cal- my window is open

I smiled in a victorious manner, tucking my phone into my pocket as I stood up from my bed. I carefly crept towards my window and made the familiar journey across the sturdy tree branch before leaping towards her own window pane.

I gripped onto the sill, letting my feet kick against the side of her house to get some traction. I scooted my belly up further into her room, remembering this being a lot easier when I wasn't the size of a giant. "Help me," I hissed at Cassidy, since she had just been standing there, watching me in amusement.

Cassidy kneeled down a bit to reach my body and tried to slide her hands underneath my armpits to tug my upper body inside, but it just resulted in me giggling as I squirmed out of her touch. "I'm ticklish," I reminded her, which only made that beautiful smile appear on her face again.

I took this opportunity with her crouched down at eye level with me to press a kiss onto her lips. She rolled her eyes at me. "Give me your hand," She insisted.

My other palm gripped tightly against the wooden window sill, letting my chest lean forward onto it as well as I gave her one of my hands. My feet were still dangling out of her house as she took a hold of my forearm and began to pull, finally assisting me in letting my body squeeze through her window and land on the plush carpeting.

I slowly rose to my feet, dusting myself off and removing the mess that was now sticking onto my black jeans. I tried to brush my shaggy hair off to the side as well, but then Cassidy sighed, stepping closer towards me. "No, let me do it."