Chapter 16 // Night

•Calum

"Goodnight, Luke," Cassidy giggled, practically pushing him out of the door as he left one final kiss on her lips. The lips that I had also got to kiss tonight.

It was so weird feeling her mouth pressed against mine again for the first time in four years. She had obviously gained some skill and it had caused my heart to pound in a way that I had never felt before. This confused me on so many levels, especially since that just a few days ago we would bicker constantly.

This whole situation was messing with my head. I didn't have any feelings for Cassidy, I never have, except for that little phase I went through of having a crush on her. But now I couldn't stop myself from denying how pretty she is, which I used to do, and now I was becoming even more protective over her well being.

Cassidy shut the front door after all of our guests had left. I did have fun hanging out with everyone tonight, but I was relieved to get some alone time. When I'm around lots of people for too long I start to get cranky.

"I'm going to go take this make-up off," Cassidy announced, smiling as she walked past me towards the bathroom.

Her statement made me kind of happy. She was a superstar actress now, which kind of made it necessary for her to wear at least some make-up every time she went out in public. So I was the only one who got to see her completely bare face. Not even Luke could say he could do that.

I also was glad that Cassidy wasn't making this awkward between us. I knew there was some tension, especially since my manhood couldn't control its thoughts and most likely thoroughly embarrassed her. She shouldn't be embarrassed though. That should be an achievement.

I needed to brush my teeth, so I followed her into the sole bathroom. I leaned my body against the door frame with my arms crossed as I waited patiently for the sink to be open, just to make sure that I didn't spit on her neck again.

Cassidy used some kind of wipes to scrub her face and eyelids with, then reached for that same green face mask and started to apply it onto her face again. She was so concentrated on not getting any in her eyes that she didn't even notice my presence or the fact that I had just been watching her with a small smile lying on my lips.

"Oh my God! Cal! You just scared the crap out of me," Cass exclaimed, jumping back as she finally caught the sight of me.

I chuckled, backing away from the wall and approaching the sink. I squirted some toothpaste out of the bottle and began to brush my teeth like I originally intended to do, and the two of us made eye contact through the mirror we both were glancing into.

"Why do ya all sways put tha on cha faish," I blubbered in jibberish form as I attempted to talk with my mouth open as my toothbrush swirled around across each tooth. Cassidy just looked at me in confusion. I spit out my toothpaste and wiped my mouth. "Why do you always put that on your face?"

"Oh," She replied once she understood what I was trying to say. "It's just one of those weird girly beauty things. It like clears out blackheads and pimples and leaves your skin really soft and minty feeling."