Chapter 34 // Knees

•Cassidy

I knew who this girl was immediately. I mean, it was nearly impossible for me to forget the image of her on top of Calum. It had scarred me, along with how my shriek could still be heard in my eardrums from time to time. I was horridly embarrassed for invading their privacy.

But now I was horridly confused as to why she was in our house.

A part of me grew immensely paranoid. I could feel my heart begin to pound against my chest. Maybe Calum had invited her over because he was sick of waiting for me. Maybe he couldn't control his hormones. Maybe I'm completely over-thinking this, but I can't stop myself from becoming jealous simply by her presence.

"Um, hi?" I greeted awkwardly, feeling the tension in the room begin to multiply.

Calum, who was standing on the other side of the kitchen away from her, stepped closer to me. "Cass, this isn't what it looks like. I swear."

My eyes flickered from his pleading face to Reagan, who was leaning against our counter with her arms crossed over her chest. "Well, what is she doing here?"

"She came over on her own. I promise. Nothing happened," Calum stated quickly, practically rambling due to how fast he was talking.

Reagan rolled her eyes at me as I was still frozen in place, due to a mix of shock and confusion. "Cassidy, it's true. You better believe the poor kid. We didn't do anything. He's too far up your butthole, anyways," She spoke, then snickered. "Well, not literally, of course. Obviously you aren't the anal type."

My eyes widened, feeling my cheeks heat up just by her accusations.Calum glared at her, his eyes practically shooting daggers in her direction, which only made the obnoxious girl laugh. "Trust me, all Calum and I did was talked. And our conversation was about you anyways. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to leave," Reagan declared, shuffling past me to exit out the front door.

Calum exhaled a deep puff of air, as if he had been holding it in during this entire exchange. I was still a bit puzzled by everything I had just witnessed.

"So, how was your photo-shoot?" He asked nonchalantly.

I furred my eyebrows together. My tongue glided against my lips, dampening them since they had grown incredibly dry in these past few minutes. "Um, it was good," I responded timidly, not even making eye contact with him.

Calum sighed heavily, picking up my hand and lifting it up to his lips. I nearly flinched. "Cass, I'm sorry. She just barged right over. But you have to believe me when I say that nothing happened. I tried to get her to leave, but we just ended up talking. And it was a conversation I needed."

I swallowed. I desired to be the girl he could confide in. I didn't want my own boyfriend to think that he couldn't speak to me about whatever was on his mind. We always have told each other everything. "Uh, what, what did you guys talk about?"

His face paled within seconds. That same look of guilt that I could always spot swept across his features. His jaw clenched together, making the bone protrude even further than normal. "I can't tell you."

I snapped my head towards him, anger suddenly bubbling through me. "What do you mean?"

"It's nothing bad, Cass," Calum assured me.

"If it's not bad then you can tell me. Hell, even if it is bad you can tell me. You can tell me anything," I stated, feeling my lip begin to quiver. "Didn't she say you were talking about me?"

"Well, yeah. That's why I can't tell you," Calum murmured, nibbling on his bottom lip as a nervous response. I huffed, taking a few steps away from him. "Cass, it's complicated."