Chapter 58 // Plan B

•Calum

I could feel myself start to panic as I stared down at the ripped condom that was no resting in my trembling hands. "What do you mean it ripped?" Cassidy yelled, running over to inspect it.

I pursed my lips together. "I mean it ripped. But it's okay. You're on the pill, right?"

She shook her head, her blonde hair bouncing from side to side. "No, I got off of it once we broke up. Oh my God, Calum. How could this happen?"

I shrugged. "Well I am pretty big, so," I stated cockily, giving her a small smirk.

Cassidy stared at me for a few moments, blinking rapidly, obviously in awe that I said that in the middle of her panic session. Her lips barely turned upwards into an amused smile. "Okay that was kind of funny, but I can't believe you just said that right now. Did you like not put it on right? Oh my God."

She started pacing around back and forth, which is what I would have been doing if I wasn't still frozen in place. I was in no means ready to be a father. I would be twenty in a month and I was ridiculously immature for my age. "Well I haven't been home in awhile so the condoms were probably old. And I've had like three beers tonight, I'm kind of tipsy. I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" She repeated in frustration, still continuing to pace back and forth. "You can't just say sorry and make this all better! The uterus is a very unforgiving place! Oh my God, we're so stupid. I need to go get a morning after pill."

Cassidy started to retrieve her clothing and hike them over her body, muttering profanities under her breath. I grasped her shoulders to prevent her from frantically moving around any further. "Cass, it's all going to be fine. No matter what happens I'm not going to leave you and I'll always be here for you."

She shrugged my hands off of her. "No you won't. You're going back on tour in like a month and I'll have new movies to shoot! I got shoot a movie if I'm pregnant, Calum! God, the press is going to eat me alive if they find out. My entire reputation is going to be ruined. My life is going to be ruined. I'm only nineteen! I'm not even close to being ready to be a Mum!"

Her voice was loudly raised and I was scared someone downstairs would think we were getting into a fight. "Shh, Cassie. It's okay. Let's not worry about that until we find out. Want me to come with you to get the pill?"

Cassidy scoffed, fixing her dress in the mirror so she looked presentable. "I think you've done enough already."

I felt my jaw clench together with anger. "Hey this isn't all my fault! You shouldn't have stopped taking birth control!"

She sighed heavily. "I know. I'm just taking my anger out on you. I'm sorry. I just can't believe we did that at all. We haven't spoken in months and then we just have sex like it's nothing. And your mother is downstairs for Christ's sake! Oh my God, I'm such an idiot. I can't believe this is happening."

"Hey, it's okay," I assured her softly, not liking that I had to view her tremble with fear as she rambled off all her complaints. She had every right to be scared and upset right now, but I still hated seeing her on the verge of tears. "It wasn't nothing. It meant something to me. It was proof that we're still in love and that I always will be in love with you, no matter how much time we spend apart."

Cassidy collapsed into my arms, finally letting me hold her tightly against my still shirtless body. I pressed a kiss onto the top of her head as my palms rubbed her back in a soothing matter. "I'm always going to be here for you. I promise. I love you, Cassidy."

She went up on her tippy-toes to press a kiss to my lips, which still managed to leave me breathless. I have missed her kisses. "I need to go get Plan B.Tell your mum I had to go back to the hospital or something, okay?"