Rest-Tony x reader

Requested by DudeIDontReallyCare

Form: one shot

Floof

<-------------------------->

Gentle and light tapping at the window of the living room drove your attention from the book you were reading towards the large glass walls.

It was already past midnight, the sky had darkened considerably, the heavy black clouds had gathered on the sky, and the only lights outside were the ones that came from the skyscrapers that were as tall as Stark Tower.

The silence in the tower, the gentle rain pattering on the window, leaving droplets of water slide down the crystal clear glass and the darkened sky gave off a feeling of serenity that you haven't been familiar with since you moved into the said building.

It was a bit too silent tho. Almost as something was off.

You were starting to get quite suspicious when a sudden bang and a string of curses following startled you a bit. 

"JARVIS, was that Tony?" you asked while standing up, even tho you already knew the answer.

"Indeed miss Y/N" the A.I replied instantly, its kind voice giving a tone of exasperation.

"I shouldn't even wonder anymore" you grumbled under your breath as you made your way towards Tony's laboratory, to the next level and up a set of stairs.

When you walked into the hall that was connecting the laboratory to the stairs, your nose scrunched up in disgust. It smelt like something was burnt. Or it just exploded.

"Tony?" you asked loudly as you walked into the lab, and you saw him standing in the middle of the room, a small part of the suit assembled on his chest, leg and arm as he struggled to call other ones.

"What are you doing?" you asked as you looked at him, placing your hands on your hips.

"Trying to make those work" he mumbled as he extended his hand towards the armor again but it still wouldn't come.

"It's 1 am Tony. You should be sleeping" you nagged as you walked over a chair and sat down.

"Sorry mom, got some work to do" he grumbled as he opened a hologram with two of fingers and began tapping something on it.

You crossed your arms in front of your chest and gave him an exasperated look which he totally ignored.

"Tony it's been four days. That means you've been awake for 96 hours straight, with no pause"

"I had nap yesterday"

"Dozing off and hitting your head on the table for 2 minutes isn't called a nap" you pointed out to which he rolled his eyes.

"Look baby, I promise I'll sleep after I'm done, but until then I'm busy" he said as gave you a softer look, before trying again to call off the suit.

The piece took off of the table and began flying towards him, but instead of assembling on his arm, it hit him hard over the head, making him stumble back and loose balance, falling on his ass.

"Son of a bitch" he cursed as he rubbed his forehead, standing up and glaring at the gauntlet, "You're useless" he grumbled as he kicked it away angrily, the rest of the suit falling off of him as well.

"Tony" you laughed lightly as you stood up, making your way towards him and hugging his neck, "How about you leave your work for tomorrow, hmm? Let's just go and get some sleep" you asked as you looked at him, your eyes pleading

As you waited for him to answer, you saw the deep and dark circles under his eyes, his tired figure and countenance. He needed to stop that chaotic sleep deprivation and get some rest otherwise his condition would only get worse.

"Why don't you go to bed and wait for me there, hmm? I'll be there in a bit" he smiled, that sly and subtle smile that gave off he was lying.

"Mhhm, so I would wait until I fall asleep and you still wouldn't come? Not working this time mister" you scoffed and grabbed his arm, dragging him out of the laboratory and towards the bedroom you shared downstairs.

"Babe, come on" he whined and tried to get back in the lab, yet your grip on his hand tightened and you continued dragging him towards the bedroom.

"No, you are coming with me. Please" you said while stopping in your tracks and giving him a pleading look, accompanied by big puppy eyes.

"Ugh fine. Only because you're cute" he smiled cutely and booped your nose, letting you lead him further down the hall and in the bedroom.

The smile on his face never fell as the two of you walked into the bedroom and he closed the door behind you.

The next few minutes were silent as you and him changed into some comfy pajamas and laid in bed.

He laid on his back and brought you in his arms, making you rest against his chest as he stroked your hair and kissed your forehead, "I love you sweetheart" he whispered and began playing with a few strands of your hair, twirling it around his fingers.

"I love you too" you smiled and leaned up to give him a small kiss, making him smile sweetly at you.

"How about we get some sleep, hmm? I'm starting to realize how tired I am" he mumbled and rubbed his eyes, making him look adorable.

"Yep, let's. I was intending to keep you a lecture of it but I'll do it later" you grinned and cuddled to his chest, sighing in content.

"I know, but let's just enjoy" he chuckled lightly and placed small kisses on your face, making you close your eyes and smile widely as he laughed himself, pecking your forehead once more.

"Good night sweetheart" he whispered as he turned off the lights and kept you close to his chest, his warmth lulling you to sleep.

"Night" you mumbled and you fell asleep in his arms.

The end.

----------------------------------

A/N: And that's it! I hope you all liked it! Still working on other requests now.

Word count: 1020

Love, Liv