For one more day-Tony x reader

///REQUESTED///

Silence filled the now empty Stark Mansion as the first sun rays peered trough the windows.

It was a beautiful morning, the type of morning that gives you hope and makes you happy.

Well, not for everyone exactly.

Tony was in his room, getting ready to go to the hospital to his wife of 5 years, Y/N, but he wasn't ready to say goodbye to her. He'd never be.

She was diagnosed with cancer, and sadly, they found it way too late to do anything for her. He was devastated, tired, angry at himself and... he was dying as well.

He didn't tell Y/N anything about that, he decided to keep it to himself. The Palladium in the ark reactor was slowly positioning his blood, and he knew he barely had a day or two left.

It was too late for both of them now.

The house was full of memories of the two of them, her scent was still on her pillow and the flowers she usually bought every day withered, but Tony didn't have the power to throw them out.

Tony looked at his appearance in the mirror, his tired and red eyes that had deep bags under, his unshaven jaw and messy hair, pale face and sunken eyes.

He fixed the black tie of his suit and sighed as he looked at himself one more time.

While Y/N was healthy he wasn't like that, he was sleeping every night, he was eating consistent meals and he was the happiest he had ever been.

That woman really managed to dig her way into his heart and he wasn't ready to say goodbye to her, and he wouldn't ever be. He suffered so much for her, but yet fate decided to take another loved one from him...

With heavy steps, he walked out of the bedroom, walking slowly to his car to get to the hospital, it felt like he didn't even want to go. He didn't want to see Y/N suffering so much, and dying under his eyes. He already lost too many people, but taking Y/N away was the hardest blow life could've given him.

The hospital was silent as well when Tony got in. Some people in the waiting room and some doctors passing up and down the long halls, but nothing else.

He stepped in the elevator and pressed the button for the 4th level. After a short ride, he got out of the elevator and walked towards Y/N's room, his steps getting slower and slower.

By the time he reached the door he felt reluctant to open it. He took a step away and inhaled deeply, calming himself before putting his hand on the door knob, "Here we go" he said quietly to himself as he opened the door.

Y/N was laying on the bed, reading her book as the TV played softly as a background noise.

She lifted her head and smiled brightly when she saw Tony, the smile that could've melted Tony right away.

"Hey love" he said quietly and forced a smile as he stepped towards the bed, giving her the flowers he bought her.

"Hi. You came earlier than usual today" she smiled as she smelt the flowers, "Hmm, my favorite" she gave him a quick kiss and placed them on the nightstand next to her bed.

"How are you feeling today sweetheart?" He asked as he grabbed her hand in his, softly caressing her knuckles.

"I'm feeling pretty well today. I think it starts going away" she smiled.

Truth is, the doctors never told her that she didn't have other days to live, they never told her that she was going to die, neither did Tony. It was too painful and too hard to explain the woman he loved that she wasn't going to see the sun shining again.

"That's great baby. Just a bit more and you're going to get out of here" he smiled as he looked at her lovingly.

Tony and Y/N stood there and talked about their past, memories and stories since they were young, they adventures and dreams, until, Tony noticed that she was getting sleepy.

Y/N yawned and closed her eyes, "I love you Tony" she mumbled with a faint smile on her face as she drifted off.

Tony furrowed his eyebrows when the monitors began beeping loudly, signaling that her heart wasn't beating anymore.
«----------------------»
A/N: This was requested by _Repox_. Part 1/2. I'll be writing the next part this week I think. Hope you like it.

Word count: 800