Chapter 48 Little Mellark

• Dedicated to To all my Awesome Fans who got me 20 000 reads!!!

Peeta POV

So, Katniss is due any day now and I'm not letting her out of my sight. She's getting annoyed by it but you know..thats me and she needs this right now. No matter how much she hates it.

"Peeta...I don't think its such a good idea that you mother gives us the bakery." she says. My parents are moving down to where Carrie lives. I think its okay but I'm glad I can give my family some room.

"Katniss, its gonna be fine. I promise." I say wrapping my arms around her. She's gotten pretty big, not too big but you know. Pregnant big. I hope you get that.

"But...we're only 18...how are we gonna do this?" she asks.

"Simple baby. I'll take care of the bakery and you take care of little Mellark." I say placing my hand on her belly.

"Little Mellark? Why not little Everdeen?" she asks.

"Oh..well I thought he would want to be named after is father." I say. She smiles and rolls her eyes.

"Alright, little Mellark." she says. We walk to the living room and I help her sit down. "What about a name?"

"I don't know...what do you think?" I ask.

"How about Rye?" she asks.

"Rye? Like my brother?" I ask. She nods and leans back.

"Yes, I love that name." she says.

"Okay, Little Rye it is." I say making her smile. "You hungry?"

"Yes! I want a cheese buns!" she says.

"Your the only person I know who could live off those things." I say standing up and walking to the kitchen. I decide to make some fresh ones so I get everything out.

"Peeta" Katniss's scream fills my ears. I drop everything and rush to her to see her on the floor and a pool of water. "Its time...the baby's coming!"

"Okay...alright calm down. Its okay." I say grabbing my phone and dialing my mom's number.

"Hi cupcake, how ar.."

"Peeta!" Katniss screams again.

"Mom! I need to use your car!" I say.

"Alright! Take it and I'll meet you at the hospital." she says. I hang up and pick Katniss up, carrying her to the car. I get in and speed to the hospital. I rush in with Katniss in my arms.

"Help..my girlfriends having her baby!" I say. Two nurses rush up to me, taking Katniss and putting her in a wheelchair. 

"Sir, you have to fill out some papers before following her." a nurse says. I nod and follow her to the front desk as they take Katniss away. I do as they say and they take me to where Katniss is.

"Peeta Mellark?" the doctor says.

"Yes..what is it?" I ask.

"Katniss has already gone into labor and is having the baby right now." he says. I nod and we walk over to her. I take her hand and kiss her forehead.

"Its gonna be okay baby. I promise." I say. She nods and leans back.

"Alright Katniss? I want you to do what I say." the doctor says.

"Okay." she says.

"I want you to take a deep breath every time before you push." he says.

"Yeah." she says. 

"Alright..3 2 1 push!" he says. She does while crushing my hand and letting out a gut wrenching scream. "Your doing good. Push!" she does again and screams again. This goes on for a good 30 minutes. "Wait! I can see the head."

"You can do this Katniss. I know you can." I say. She nods and keeps pushing.

"Come on Katniss. Its almost over!" he says. She takes one more breath and pushes as hard as she can. Than we hear a faint crying. "He's here. A little boy." he hands our little son to us.

"Look Peeta...he has your eyes." she says. A little boy, dark brown hair and bright blue eyes.

"He does and your perfect smile" I say. She nod as small tears drip from her cheeks. I lean down and give her a short kiss. This is it..my son. My family is here. I have Katniss...and little Rye. This is everything I need and its all perfect...well...almost. Just one more thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooo......what is the last thing needed? I bet all of you can guess!!! 

And I wanna thank all for helping me get up to 20 000 reads!!! Thank you guys sooooo much!

Nikki :)