Chapter 30 I Love You

Katniss POV

The next morning I try to get my mind off things. I have to stay here till Peeta wakes up but that doesn't mean I can't go outside so I do and climb a nearby tree. After just sitting there, staring at the sky I see a bird land on a branch not far from mine. I look and see its a mockingjay. I always loved them. I whistle a short tune and it copies making me smile. After abit of whistling for it I come up with one I like. Simple but I like it until a voice rips my thoughts.

"Katniss?" I look down and see Carrie. "Have you checked on Peeta yet?"

"No, why?" I ask climbing down.

"I just haven't seen him." she says as we walk back in.

"I'll go see." I say heading up the stairs. I walk up and down the hallway to Peeta's room, opening the door to see him sitting in bed with a bottle in his hand just opened. "Damn it Peeta." I rush to him and rip the rip from his hand.

"Katniss? What are you doing here?" he asks confused.

"I got here yesterday. I had to wash you." I say making him look down.

"I thought you were in my head." he says.

"Peeta, what are you doing to yourself?" I say kneeling down.

"Why do you care?" he asks.

"Because you mean alot to me Peeta and I can't have you doing this to yourself." I say. He looks up and raises his hand, lightly stroking my cheek. The sparks fly like crazy..like never before.

"You still love me Katniss. If not than say you don't. Say 'I don't love you Peeta'." he says. I look in those perfect blue eyes but I can't even get those words on my tongue. "Say it."

"Peeta I...."

"Just say it." he says getting angry.

"I.....can't say it." I say looking down.

"I thought so." he says pulling me forward to his lips and the fireworks go off. Like somebody dropped a nuke in my stomach. I mean...I don't really know how to react or what to do so I just play along. He pulls me ontop of him, messing with my shirt. My hands go over his big arms and to his soft hair. He pulls my shirt off, tossing it across the room. "Say you love me." he mumbles against my lips. As much as I want to fight it...as much as I should I can't.

"I love you Peeta." I say making him grip my butt lightly.

"Thats right." he says flipping us over so he's on top. "And you want me?"

"Yes." I say ripping his shirt off. "I want you Peeta."

"I really thought so." he leans back down, kissing my neck. What happened was the best thing ever but somewhere I feel nothing but guilt and regret.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really really sorry its short and about the codes. School starts tomorrow and I gotta get ready but I hope it was ok.

Nikki :)