Chapter 43 Tests

Katniss POV

I open my eyes to find Peeta gone but I'm under the warm covers. We really had sex last night and it was....amazing. But....but I hate Peeta! I hate him! I want him dead! I shake my head, pulling at my hair and rocking back and forth. Its just calms me down. But than the door opens and my therapist walks in.

"Katniss? Are you alright?" she asks.

"No...no I'm not." I say. Being still naked I cover myself with the blanket.

"Why? What happened?" she asks sitting down. I look up and sigh, knowing she'll be pissed.

"Peeta and I had....sex last night." I say. She gasp and gives me a look of anger.

"You did what?!" she yells standing up.

"I'm sorry." I say softly looking down. She runs her hand through her hair and sits at the chair "Can I ask your name?"

"What? Dr. Reeds." she says.

"Alright, I'm sorry for doing this but it helped me realize I love Peeta...but I hate him." I say.

"This is why your here Katniss. We're gonna help you only love him." she says. 

"I know and I'm really happy I'm here." I say making her smile. "And ma....." but sudden sickness overcomes me. I jump up and rush to the bathroom, throwing up everything I've ate in the last days. Dr. Reeds walks in after me and kneels down. "Wait....this doesn't mean like.."

"No, I don't think so. You just had sex last night." she says rubbing ma back. "Normally it takes a good 5 to 7 days before you get morning sickness."

"Alright...thats good." I say before washing my mouth and we walk back to my bed.

"I'm gonna give you your medication." she says reaching in her pocket and pulling out a small syringe. She injects the red liquid and stands up. "Okay, just to be safe. We'll do a test to make sure."

"Okay, sounds good." I say. She nods and leaves the room so I lay back and look out the small window. What if I am pregnant? What if I give birth to Peeta's child? What if he never knows? What if they take my baby away from me? So many questions flow through my mind as the door opens and Dr. Reeds walks in.

"Here we go." she says. "We're gonna do a normal test, and ultra shall. If you are than we'll check and see if the Tracker Jacker vemon is effecting it."

"Alright, and if it is?" I ask.

"Than we'll put it under special treatment." she says handing me the test. I stand up and walk to the bathroom. I do the test and wait...wait for what seems like hours but than a ding makes me look down. Positive. I shake my head and stand up, walking back.

"Positive! Thats not possible." I say.

"Alright, calm down." she says looking at it. "Its just a mistake. Come on, lets do an ultra shall." I nod and we leave the room, walking down the long white hallway to a small room with a bed and machine. We walk over to it and I lay down on the bed as she turns the machine on.

"Would we even see it?" I ask.

"No, I don't think we would." she says. "Now this is gonna be cold." she pours icey cream on my stomach and rubs the camera over my skin. "Okay..I don't see anything...yet...but..." she trails off.

"What? What is it?" I ask. She gulps and looks up to me.

"You really are pregnant." she says cutting my air off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anybody think Katniss would get pregnant? I know what you all wanna say...you can't see if your pregnant after the first night!!! Well....now you can! RAISE YOUR HANDS FOR UPDATE!!!! FIRST COMMENT AND VOTE GETS A DEDICATION!!!!!!

Nikki :)