Chapter 34 Back Home

Peeta POV

So, after landing, getting picked up and brought home Katniss wanted to stay the night with me. We were to tired to care about anything so we just fell into bed. I locked her in my arms and we fell asleep.

"Cupcake!" I jump awake and see mom. "Katniss's mother is here."

"What?" I ask.

"Katniss's mother is here. She said that Prim missed her so much." she says. I nod and she leaves the room. I turn to Katniss and shake her lightly.

"Katniss baby...wake up." I say but she groans and turns over. I chuckle and lean down, kissing her neck making her giggle. "Come on Kitty."

"I don't wanna Peety." she says.

"Come on baby." I say. She groans and sits up. "See? That wasn't so bad."

"Yeah...whatever." she says. "What is it?"

"Your mother's here." I say. 

"Oh....great." she mumbles climbing out of bed. "What does she want?"

"Prim's here. She missed you alot." I say. She nods and heads to the bathroom. I get out of bed as well and look out the open window. Katniss does bitch alot cause I sleep with them open but I don''t think it bothers her that much anymore.

"Peety! You wanna take a shower with me?" she asks.

"Yeah....coming." I say walking to the bathroom. After a short shower we get dressed and head down to the living room where Prim and Mrs. Everdeen are waiting.

"Katniss!" Prim says jumping up and into her arms. 

"Hey little duck. I missed you." Kat says hugging her back. She pulls away and Prim gives me a big hug.

"Hey Primy. Doing good?" I ask.

"Yep, I missed you guys." she says as we sit down.

"You have fun?" Mrs. Everdeen asks.

"Pretty much." Katniss says looking to me. I nod and look down as mom walks back in with coffee and sweet bread buns.

"Thanks mom." I say. She nods and sits down with us.  

"How was California?" she asks.

"Good, saw lots of stuff." Katniss says looking down.

"Really? You have fun?" she asks.

"Mom! She's tired." I say.

"I'm sorry Katniss." she says.

"Its fine, calm down." Kat says.

"Anyway, I had an idea." mom says.

"Okay." I say leaning forward.

"I wanted you and Katniss to take over the bakery when your old enough." she says. I look to Katniss who shrugs.

"What? Really?" I ask.

"Yes, so when you two get married and have kids..."

"Woah! Mom slow down..we're 16." I say. All laugh and Katniss leans into my grip. 

"But really? You two should have the bakery " she says.

"Alright mom but we gotta finish school and what not." I say looking to Katniss. She smiles and leans up for a short kiss. At least we're back home and we left our worries behind....or at least I thought so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo...short? I'm really sorry but stuffs going down now and the chapters will get longer. I started rewriting all my co-writers chapters so nobody is bothered by the codes.

Nikki :)