Chapter 16 Vacation?

Peeta POV

 I open my eyes after a sleepless night. I stayed up to make sure Katniss was really sleeping. I climb out of bed and walk to my bathroom, washing my face and walking back out to see Katniss stirring. I walk over to her and sit down making her sit up.

"Peeta?" she says sleepily while rubbing her eyes.

"Its me Kitty." I say giving her a soft kiss. "You sleep okay?"

"Yes, after you helped me." she says smiling. 

"Thats good, lets head downstairs and make some breakfast." I say making her smile.

"Waffles?" she asks. I nod and she gets up. "Lets do it than." we walk down to the kitchen to see mom. 

"Morning cupcake. Sleep well?" she asks.

"Yeah, real good. Katniss stayed over night." I say. She turns and gives me a look. "What?"

"You two didn't like...." she trails off.

"Wha...no! Mom!" I say making Katniss laugh. "No, she has some problems."

"Oh, well, is everything ok?" she asks.

"Yep, Peeta and I talk last night about it." she says.

"Okay than. Well what you want for breakfast?" I look to Katniss who gives me the 'waffle' look. 

"Can we have waffles?" I ask. She nods and gets to work so Katniss and I head to the living room. We sit down and I turn to the TV on.

"Say Peeta?" Mom calls from the kitchen.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Your aunt Carrie called and asked if you wanted to come over for a few weeks." she says. I jump up and run to the kitchen.

"Aune Carrie! Really!" I say as Katniss walks in.

"Yes, her kids are all in summer camp and she's lonely." she says. I smile and look to Katniss. 

"You wanna come with?" I ask.

"Where?" she asks confused.

"To my aunt Carrie in California." I say making her smile. "Can Kat come with?"

"Sure, why not." she says. I pick her up and spin her around. 

"A romantic vacation in California." I say giving her a kiss. This will be the best vacation ever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really sorry for the late update and how short it is but the next one will be longer and better.

Nikki :)