Chapter 31 I Need You

Peeta POV

I wake up, naked to a body I know very well. Katniss. I think I have her back. I'm not sure though. I feel her body shifting.

"Morning Kitty." I say.

"Morning Cato." Who's he?!

"Who's Cato?

"Oh god! Peeta!"

"Answer my question!"

"My uhh...boyfriend."

"But what happened to us? You said you loved me." I let a tear out of my eye.

"I love you both. I just don't know if I want a relationship with you anymore. You hurt me." 

"I was drugged! I explained it in the letter."

"I know Peeta, it just hurt."

"I know, I've had that happen."

"When?"

"Katniss, it was when you were with Gale. It broke me."

"Well this broke me."

"You seem to move on quickly."

"Well Cato is really nice."

"And I'm not?" she stays quiet. "I'd knew I'd never have to change for you. If I ever did, it would only be for a while. I've only hurt you once. When I saw you with Gale, it hurt me. Every time. And now you move on so quick? Are you using me?"

"What no! I'm not using you!"

"So you say you love me, have sex with me, next morning you say your boyfriends name to me."

"Peeta, I'm in love with Cato. And I love you."

"Katniss just go." She looks at me like I'm crazy.

"I'm not just gonna leave you? I came here to see you. I had to lie to Cato about this and the ring."

"Cato this, Cato that."

"Peeta!"

"Katniss I actually thought you loved me."

"I do."

"No one needs me."

"I do. I need you." She cups my cheeks and kisses me. What? She has a boyfriend. She pulls away. She looks down. "Well I tried-" I cut her off with my lips. She kisses me back, surprisingly. We pull apart.

"I love you." She whispers with a croak in her voice, with tears running down her face. I wipe them away.

"I love you too." I whisper. We hear a throat being cleared.

"Care to explain?" We turn around, oh god, Finnick.

"Finnick..." I say. "Nice to see you."

"Yeah...so nice. What the hell dude?!" he yells.

"What?" I ask.

"She broke your heart again and you still take her back?!" he yells.

"I love her Finnick! Why can't you just be happy for me?" I yell. He takes a breath and nods.

"Fine...I'll tolerate her for now." he says turning and leaving. I look to Katniss who's hiding under the blanket.

"Its okay Kitty but I have to know who you chose. Cato or me." I say making her frown. "Katniss."

"I know Peeta...its not easy but...it has to be....you." she says. I smile and pull her in for a tight hug. 

"I love you Katniss." I say kissing her neck.

"I love you too Peeta." she says. I have her back. I have my life back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry its for but most of it was written by my awesome co-writer _fangirl_fandoms_ so check her books out and follow her. I hope there are no codes in this one.

Nikki :)