Chapter 10 My Life Wasn't Easy Either

Peeta POV

 Everybody sits there, staring at us with big eyes. I quickly let Katniss down and give a slight smile.

"Whats he doing here?!" Gale growls standing up.

"What are you doing here?" Katniss asks. 

"He was visiting us dear." Mrs. Everdeen says. "He was telling us about how good your relationship was going."

"What relationship? He beat me in school." she says.

"What?" Prim says shocked. 

"Yeah and Peeta saved me from him." she says.

"Kat..." Gale starts but Katniss cuts him off.

"Get out Gale! Now. I hate you, you ruined everything and now leave!" she yells. He gives her a look of sadness before leaving.

"Katniss why didn't you tell us?" Mrs. Everdeen says. 

"Because you're never here. You always ignore me. After dad dies I had to raise Prim and now that your half way back you only care about yourself." she says. "Come on Peeta, lets go." she grabs my hand and drags me up to her room. She slams the door and sits down.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine. Its just hard here." she says.

"When did your dad die? You never told me." I say kneeling down in front of her.

"He died in a crash about 2 years ago." she says as the tears start to stream down her cheeks. "I was there. In the car."

"Katniss." I say pulling her into my arms. "You should've told me."

"I'm sorry Peeta. For ruining you. For destroying your life." she cries into my chest.

"Katniss, its okay. I'm not mad at you. You being here with me is the best thing you can give me." I say rubbing her back. She pulls away and looks right in my eyes.

"My life wasn't easy either Peeta." she says softly.

"I know but we're together now and we'll be fine." I say.

"What about Gale?" she asks. I look up and sigh. I know Gale and he won't give up easy.

"We'll take care of it." I say smiling. She smiles back and presses her lips lightly to mine. Again, she kisses so lightly it feels like the kiss of an angel. 

"You'll stay over night?" she asks. I nod and climb into bed with her. I still can't believe I have my Katniss and I'm never letter her go again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it was ok.

Nikki :)