Chapter 4 I Though She Changed

Peeta POV

They kept me at the hospital for 5 days. They said my ear is healing but I still can't hear right. It doesn't bother me though. Its a school day so I head downstairs to see my mom.

"Cupcake, do you really want to go to school today?" she says.

"Yes mom, I missed to much already." I say grabbing my bag.

"But that Gale is no longer wanted by the police." she says.

"I'll be okay, I promise." I say heading for the door. "Love you mom."

"Love you to cupcake." she says as I close the door. The walk to school isn't to bad and I meet Finnick right before we head inside.

"How you doing?" he asks as I open my locker.

"Good, still can't hear right but much better." I say putting my stuff in but something catches my eye. I look and see Gale leaning against the wall and Katniss giving him a loving smile before leaning in and kissing him passionately. I lose my breath and fall against the wall.

"Hey, wha....." he stops when he see's Katniss. "Come on Peeta, forget her." 

"But I love her." I say.

"I know but she wants to be a bitch, let her." he says. "Now come on." we walk to class but I can't think of anything but what she did.

Break

We're sitting at one of the many tables outside.

"Hey, you got something to eat? I forgot my lunch." Finnick says.

"Yeah, here." I hand him my lunch bag so he can look through it.

"Thanks." he says but all I can focus on is Katniss sitting with Gale. "Peeta!"

"Huh?" I say.

"Forget her! She's a bitch and doens't deserve you!" he says.

"Don't call her that! I lo...." but I'm cut off.

"Everybody! Listen up!" Gale yells. "I'd like to say something about Peeta Mellark!"

"Shit." Finnick says.

"Everybody knows him! Nobody likes him but really nobody knows anything about his private life!" he says pulling out a little book. Thats the book I write my private things in! How did he get that?!

"Gale stop it!" Katniss says.

"He's written some things about my beautiful Katniss." he says opening the book. "Ever since I saw her for the first time I knew Katniss is the girl for me." he says and everybody laughs. "My love for her is so strong, even the pain she cause can't not kill it." more laughs follow. 

"Gale knock it off!" Katniss says.

"I know she'll never know it but I will always love her more than anything!" he says and everybody but Katniss and Finnick laugh while staring at me. I turn and run as fast as I can all the way to the forest where Katniss and I used to meet up but I haven't gone there for years. I get to the tree and look around before falling to my knees, letting the tears flow. I know, boys shouldn't cry but I can't hold it back anymore. I can't do this anymore, everything is over. I can never go back to school, never have real friends and never have a real relationship. I take the glass bottle from my bag and break it. I take a shard of glass and slide it down my wrist. Its gonna end soon and maybe than I be better. As the darkness starts to take over I hear a faint voice. I turn my head and see a figure running towards me but I slip away before it gets to me.

"Your gonna be okay." is all I hear before blacking out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, who was there? And will Peeta make it?

Nikki :)