Chapter 25 New Home

Katniss POV

"Katniss no....no you know you love me." he says as the tears stream down his cheeks.

"No Peeta, I'm sorry but I'm leaving." I say. He reaches out and grabs my wrist, looking at the small ring.

"Please....don't so this to me." he says, his teary blue eyes looking straight into mine. "I love you Katniss please..."

"I'm sorry." I say pulling myself from his grip. He reaches out again but I'm too fast and I head for the door. Before I can open it his hand slams it shut making me just. I turn and see tears running from his eyes.

"Don't leave me Katniss." he says stumbling back. He can barely stand straight and he's crying more than ever.

"Peeta your making this too hard." I say trying to push him aside but he's too big.

"Katniss I need you. If you leave I'll give up." he says. I let a tear escape my eye and look down. "You love me and you know it Kitty."

"Don't call me that...please and just let me go." I say. Before I can pass him he pulls me up and to his lips and the sparks fly again. The sparks I didn't feel with Cato but I love him, not Peeta. I push him away and push him aside.

"I'm sorry Peeta, I'm leaving for district 2." I say. He lets out a wimper and looks down.

"I'm sorry Katniss. I love you." he says.

"Goodbye Peeta." I say closing the door and walking down the long hallway. I leave the hospital and call a cab, driving me to the airport. I get out and walk through the large building and to a desk. "Could you tell me what plane I have to take to District 2?"

"Yes, 254 and docking bay D5" she says. "Would you like a ticket?"

"Yeah." I say pulling some money out Cato gave me but I lmost forgot it. 

"Okay...100.95$" she says. I give her the money and take the ticket, walking to D5 and waiting for the plane. After about an hour it comes and I get in to my seat. After a 2 hour flight I arrive and get off, walking to the front. I pull out my phone and dial Cato's number.

"Katniss baby." he says making me smile.

"Hey, where do you live?" I ask.

"Why?" he asks.

"I'm in District 2." I say.

"At the airport?" he asks.

"Yes" I say.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes." he says before hanging up. I shrug and wait for him. I sit down and mess with phone until I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see him. "Hey babe."

"Hi." I say standing up and giving him a short kiss. "Your gonna take me to your place?"

"Oh yes." he says picking my suitcase up. We walk down the sidewalk and to the parkinglot before stopping at a big dark blue SUV. We get in and he starts to drive. "I'm so glad you wanted to come and see me."

"Yeah." I say looking out the window.

"Hey, you okay?" he asks reaching over and resting his hand on my thigh.

"Yes, I'm fine I just don't like flying." I say smiling. He nods and looks back to the road. "I've never been in District 2. It looks so.....rich." he chuckles softly.

"Well, its the 2nd richest District." he says.

"So you must be to." I say.

"Nah...my grandfather as a millionaire but my parents aren't the best with saving. Yes we have alot of money but to the rest here we're like poor." he says.

"Geez....I mean...District 12 was so....black and normal but this is so like cool." I say.

"Really? I've never been in District 12." he says.

"Yeah, we're the poorest." I say with a smile.

"Thats not bad. I have heard that 12 has beautiful forests." he says. "Is that true?"

"Yes, I had a tree house and everything." I say.

"I always wanted one but we were always to busy with those stupid rich parties." he says.

"That sucks, I never understood how rich people works." I say making him laugh.

"Its true, I still don't." he says. Than we arrive at a big house, no mansion but nice and big. "Here we are."

"Wow....its amazing." I say getting out.

"Oh its not much." he says.

"Not much? I've never been in a house this big." I say making him smile. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me from behind.

"And now its your's too." he whispers before kissing my neck. I smile and we walk in and we're right in a hallway with the stairs to the second floor.

"This is the most amazing house ever." I say. He chuckles and leads me to the living room. Two big couches and a chair, flatscreen TV, nice big windows letting in light. Everything. 

"You like it?" he asks setting my suitcase down.

"I love it." I say smiling, admiring everything in the room. "Can we watch a movie? Please?"

"Of course and I make the best popcorn ever." he says giving me a kiss. "I love you Katniss."

"I love you to Cato." I say giving him another kiss. I think I found the place I really belong, with Cato but something in my heart says I should have never left Peeta. And one call a few days later would confirm that worry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I know I don't write long chapters but its 6:30am and I'm still tired.

Nikki :)