Chapter 21 One Little Mistake

Peeta POV

"Peeta! Could you come down here please?" Aunt Carrie calls from downstairs. I just finished cleaning all the windows in the house and sat down for a break.

"I'm coming!" I call back standing up and walking outside to the front garden. "Whats up?"

"We need to move these stones so I can make the back abit smaller. Its too far out." she says. 

"Yeah sure." I say walking over to them and picking up the rather light stones. I put them all in a pile and walk over to Katniss. "Hey sweetie." I kiss her neck lightly.

"Hey cupcake." she says making me frown. 

"Not you too." I say making her smile. "Please."

"Nope" she says popping the p. "I like it."

"Fine! Kitty." I say. She smiles and kisses my cheek. "Is my aunt spoiling you?"

"Kinda, why?" she asks. 

"She always spoils everybody." I say as she turns to me.

"So Peety, you can put them back now." she says with a soft smile. Aunt Carrie is the oldest sister of my mom. She's about 54 I think and is really like a grandmother. I nod and put all stone back in they're place. "Thanks."

"Thats fine." I say just as my phone rings. I pick it up but a freaked out Amber is on the other end.

"Peeta? I need help!" she says breathless.

"What? What is it?" I ask.

"I got hurt and Delly's phone is off. I'm in the woods by Oak River." she says. "Please! I need you."

"Okay...calm down I'll be there." I say hanging up. "Amber needs help. I'll be back soo."

"What?" Katniss asks.

"Katniss, baby. I promise. I'll be right back, quicker than you can think." I say giving her a light kiss and rushing to Oak River. I finally get there and see her sitting on a fallen over tree. "Amber! You okay, what happened?" she turns around but she's fine.

"Hey Peeta." she says standing up.

"What? I thought you were hurt." I say. She smiles and circles me before stopping. 

"I just wanted to be with you." she says.

"Amber. I told you I'm with Katniss!" I say getting mad.

"Peeta, you know that since we were younger that I've been in love with you!" she says.

"But I don't love you!" I say. "I may have when were younger to but I moved on!"

"See? You said it! You said you loved me!" she says pushing me back untill I fall against the tree. "And now your mine" she leans down, kissing me hard and as I want to push her away I feel....drawn to her. Like all the feelings I had for her are back. I relax my arms and run my hands down her back. "I told you." she mumbles in the kiss.

"I think you may be right." I say making her smile. I sit up with her on my lap, kissing her soft, warm lips. I move across her cheek and down to her neck. Her moans make me hungry for more. 

"You want me?" she asks lightly grinding against me.

"Yes." I say. 

"Than take me." she says. I run my hands under her shirt, messing with the clasp of her bra when a gasp breaks us apart. I turn and see Katniss.

"Peeta....you...you lied to me." she says as tears start to stream down her cheek.

"Katniss I...." but she cuts me off.

"You fucking lied to me! I loved you Peeta! I came here with you and you cheat on me with her! I'm going back home tonight!" she yells before storming off. What have I done?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like if you didn't see that coming!

Nikki :)