Chapter 33 Leaving Him

Katniss POV

I need to call Cato. I need to. I need to tell him its over, whatever we had. I love Peeta, I always did. I'm inlove with Peeta and only just relished it. This is our last day with Carrie, Delly and I hate to say her name but Amber. I picj up my phone and tap on Cato's name. Here goes nothing.

"Hello? he answers after four rings.

"Hi Cato."

"Hey Kitty, how you doing babe?

"Look Cato, I don't thin us is working out. I need to break up with you. I'm sorry.

"Kat, its okay. I knew you were lying about seeing your brother, you don't have one. So I suppose your staying in 12?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

"Its okay. Look, I'm sad and all but really? I don't think you were the one"

"Same to you."

"I'll speak soon"

"Yeah."

"Bye." he voice cracks.

"Bye" I take a breath and hang up. Finally. Something off my shoulders. I can be with Peeta with no guilt. I hear him coming up the stairs. His head pops in the room.

"Ready Kat?" he asks. I nod.

"Its done." He comes over to me and wraps his arms around me and rubs my back soothingly..

"Katniss if your upset its fine. You can cry." I shake my head.

"No, I'm not going to. I'm quiet relieved now." I laugh. He gives me a quick kiss and picks up my bags. "Lets go." I say. He nods and we both leave the room, walking downstairs to see Finnick with packed bags as well and Carrie.

"You two finally ready?" Finnick asks. 

"Yes, geez." Peeta says. 

"Oh....I wish you could stay longer Peety." Carrie says.

"I know but I gotta go back for school. You should come and visit us." he says giving her a hug. 

"Katniss, such a nice girl. Please come back sometime." she says giving me a hug.

"I will Carrie, I promise." I say as she pulls back. 

"Okay, off to the airport than." she says grabbing her keys. We all head out to the car. Peeta puts my stuff in and we start our drive to the airport. I turn and take a look at the place that almost ruined my relationship. Good that I'm leaving and won't be coming back for a long, long time. We make it to the airport and say our goodbyes to Carrie.

 "You still afraid of flying?" Peeta asks wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Nah...I think I'll be ok if I'm with you." I say making him smile. He leans down and gives me a short kiss. We get to our plane and in. We're in a three seat row and I'm in the middle. Peeta keeps his arm locked around me.

"We'll be home soon baby." he says kissing my neck. I giggle and snuggle into his grip. I'm finally going home, leaving my worries of losing my Peety behind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I'm sorry its short but I'm writting this at 5:37am before school.

The first part was written by _fangirl_fandoms_. Check out her books and follow her.

Nikki :)