Chapter 22 Thats Not an Excuse!

Katniss' pov

That jerk! He said that he wasn't going to hurt me! He said that he loved me! Stupid lies! All lies! But, there is still a part of me that loves him. I still love him, so much. Stupid Amber. I knew this was going to happen. Tears fall as I run through the endless trees of the woods. I wipe them away, quickly.

"Katniss!" he yells. I run faster. I trip over a branch.

"Ahh!" I yell. The pain shoots up my leg. I get up and ignore the pain. I see out of the corner of my eye, those blonde curls. They get closer. They get so close until they are face to face with me.

"Go away! Go kiss freakin Amber! Go make babies with her! I don't care!" I scream. My tears continue to fall.

"Katniss let me explain. Amber-" I cut him off with a slap that leaves my hand stinging. Peeta holds his cheek, tears already spilling. Was I that hard? He lets go and I see the print that my hand left. Oh god. I see Amber come over in the distance. Great. 

"Katniss she seduced me." He states.

"THATS IT? THATS ALL YOU SAY? YOU SAID YOU WOULD NEVER HURT ME! EVER!"

"Katniss." Amber says. I look at her.

"What do you want?" I sneer. 

"I drugged Peeta. His tea was drugged. Something called tracker jacker venom? Yeah. It makes him under my control. He's mine now, face it." She laughs and then falls. What? I look at Peeta. He is shaking his hand. He punched her. Ha serves that boy thief. My tears are still falling.

"Is this true? Did she drug you?" Peeta looks confused.

"I-I don't know."

"Explain why! Why you kissed her!" I shout.

"I don't know! I used to love her and the feelings came back." he says looking down shamefully. 

"Peeta thats not an excuse!" I yell.

"What else am I supposed to say?" he asks. "I love you Katniss. I told you I did so many times."

"And you used me! You never loved me!" I yell before taking off again, running for Carrie's house. I make it and run upstairs to our room, slamming and locking the door behind me. I rush to my suitcase, grabbing all my clothes and shoving them in. I can't stay here any minute longer. I get everything and open the door, peeking out. Nobody do I rush out, downstairs and out the door. I run down the roan as fast as I can, hoping he didn't see me. After about 15 minutes my feet hurt to much and I've made it to town. I slowly walk down the street, looking at all the nice little shops. I see a little coffee cafe so I walk in and wait in line.

"Hello, what would you like?" the lady asks.

"Umm....just a little milk coffee." I say. She nods and gets one for me.

"That'll be 1.50$ she says. I open my wallet but shit...I only have a dollar.

"Oh...I only have a dollar." I say looking up.

"I'm sorry ma'am." she says.

"Hold on, I'll pay for it." I turn and see a good looking boy, about my age I'd say with ashy blond hair like Peeta's but in a different style. "Here." he hands her 50 cents.

"Thank you. Thats so embarrassing." I say looking down.

"Oh its alright." he says smiling.

"I'm Katniss....Everdeen." I say holding my hand out. He chuckles and takes it.

"Cato Calver." he says with a smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if he had a last name so I just made one up.

Also...._fangirl_fandoms_ wrote the first half of the chapter up to 'Explain why. Explain why you kissed her!' so big thanks to her and check out her books and follow her.

Nikki :)