Chapter 2 Broken and Stepped On

Peeta POV

 I slowly make my way home but all that goes through my head is the fact that I'm running again. From Gale, from school, from Katniss. If only I could talk to her. Tell her everything but I know she won't listen. I make it to my house and up the stairs. I don't wanna open that door but I do and walk in to see mom.

"Cupcake? What you doing home?" she asks.

"I got hurt." I say hanging my bag up.

"How? Bad?" she asks standing up.

"I broke my hand. I'm okay though." I say.

"My god...how?" she asks grabbing my broken hand making me wince.

"Mom!" I say. She lets go but takes me to the couch. "I slipped and fell."

"Really? Are you okay?" she asks. I nod and lean back. "Peeta? Did somebody do this today?"

"No, I just fell." I say getting annoyed. I love my mom and I know she just wants to help but if I tell her than she'll make trouble at school.

"Peeta, your not good at lying when it comes to me." she says.

"Okay, I had my locker open and somebody walking by slammed it shut right on my had. It was an accident." I say. 

"Was it that hard?" she asks. I shake my head and stand up.

"I'll be in my room." I say heading for the stairs. I walk up and into my room but the first thing I see is the picture of Katniss and I when we were 14. I have a green candle next to it, Katniss's favorite color. I sit down at my computer and open my facebook profile but its not surprising that all I get is hate from everybody. I sigh and delete my profile. I don't want to read this anymore. Than my phone rings. I look at it, Finnick. "Yeah?"

"Peeta? Its Finnick. Listen, I got a call from Katniss that you should meet her in the school park tomorrow before school." he says.

"Why did she call you?" I ask.

"She doesn't have your number." he says. "She sounded serious. This could be your chance."

"I don't know." I say.

"Peeta! The love of your life wants to meet you!" he yells.

"Alright! I'll be there." I say.

"Good and tell me about it." he says before hanging up. Why does Katniss want to meet me? Whatever, Katniss Everdeen wants to meet up with me! I can't believe it! I take a shower and head to bed, waiting to see her tomorrow.

The Next Morning

I'm on my way to school about an hour to early. I can't wait to see her, its the day I've been waiting for. For so long. I'm wearing a green shirt and dark blue pants, hoping I look okay.

"Peeta? What are you doing here?" I turn and see Katniss.

"You called Finnick last night and told him to tell me to meet you here." I say making her frown.

"No I didn't. My phone broke a week ago." she says.

"Than wh..." but I'm cut off but loud bang. I look up and see Gale with a gun.

"Gale?" Katniss says. "What are you doing here? Why do you have a gun?"

"Finishing something. Nobody wants him here anymore. He's nothing, nobody loves him, nobody wants him." he says. "So I want to put him out of this misery." he aims the gun at me.

"Stop Gale! That enough!" Katniss yells. He smiles and gets closer.

"Goodnight cupcake." he whispers before pulling the trigger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know....whats gonna happen?!?!?! Is Peeta dead?!?! 

Nikki :)