Chapter 14 The Mellark Boys

Peeta POV

After our talk we walk to the bakery and in to the kitchen. I see Jake and Rye standing there.

"Hey cupcake." Rye says. I groan and look to Katniss who's holding back a smile. "And Katniss Everdeen, as beautiful as ever."

"Rye, I missed you guys." she says.

"We missed you Kitty." Jake says walking towards her and giving her a big hug. Jake is the oldest with 27  and the tallest with 6.3.

"Peeta, you've been hanging around with her so much. Whats going on?" Rye asks.

"Nothing." I say.

"Rye, leave him alone." Jake says. Jake has always been the loving older brother who always takes care of me where Rye only messes with me.

"Peeta wants to teach me how to bake." she says with a smile.

"Really? Well have fun." Jake says. "I gotta get home to my kids." he has two kids and they're awesome. The reason I want kids as well.

"You have fun as well." I say as he heads out the door. I look back to Rye who's smirking and giving us 'the look'

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"Oh...nothing." he says turning for the kitchen. I look at Katniss who shrugs so we walk in as well.

"Alright, so how you wanna start?" I ask.

"Well, something easy." she says. I think for a moment. 

"How about sweet bread? Its really easy." I say. She smiles and nod. "Okay than. I'll get everything ready."

"Okay." she says leaning against the counter. After a few minutes everything's ready.

"Come here." I say holding my hand out. She takes it and I pull her in front of me, my hands guiding her's. "Okay, like I said. Its easy." I teach her how to knead the dough and form it. 

"I learn fast." she says.

"I guess you do." I say making her smile.

"Well, I do have the best teacher ever." she says giving me a soft kiss. I smile and lean in again, letting the kiss get intense.

"That sweet." we jump apart and see Rye. "So sweet."

"Rye! What the hell?!" I say.

"What?" he asks innocently.

"Get out of here." I say. 

"Peeta loves Katniss!" he sings jumping around.

"Rye! Your 23 years old!" I say.

"Peeta loves Katniss, Peeta loves Katniss!" he continues. I look at Katniss who's laughing. 

"Rye! Stop!" I say. He smiles and nods.

"Okay, fine. Its good, I'll stop." he says.

"Good, Katniss. You wanna go up to my room?" I ask making Rye smirk.

"Sure, why not." she says. I take her hand and we walk up to my room for a nice quiet night together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know its short but I'm not feeling that good.

Nikki :)