Chapter 29 How Broken He Really Is

Katniss POV

I take a breath and Finnick and I head to the front door. I ring the bell and Carrie opens.

"Oh Katniss thank god your here." she says giving me a big hug. "I really need your help, Peeta need your help."

"Why? Isn't he healed?" I ask confused before looking at Finnick who looks the same.

"No....about 3 days ago Peeta went out with Delly to a bar and he started drinking." she says.

"What? Peeta's drinking?" Finnicks asks alarmed.

"Yes and taking hand fulls of pain killers with it." she says. "Please, talk to him."

"Where is he?" I ask.

"In his room." she says. I nod and we walk in. I leave my suitcase a at the foot of the stairs and head up, walking slowly down the hallway to Peeta's room. I open the door and I light stench of alcohol hits me right away. I look and see him sitting on the edge of his bed, hair messed up, dirty grey shirt and boxers. 

"Peeta?" I ask stepping closer. He looks up and turns, I see his red eyes and the rings under them. He hasn't slept at all.

"Kitty?" I mumbles falling off the edge of his bed and crawling over to me. "Kitty I've missed you so much."

"Hey Peeta, what happened?" I ask kneeling down.

"I...be...drinking al.....lots." he mutters looking up. I'm guessing he hasn't slept for those 3 days nor showered. I can smell him. 

"How about I get you a shower?" I ask. He nods so I help him to his feet and to the bathroom right across the hallway. I close the door and sit him on the edge of the bathtub.

"Yo....your gonna....take...a....a bath with me?" he ask.

"No Peeta, you need one. Not me." I say making him pout. I turn the water on mild hot and pull his shirt off, along his boxers. I have really no problem with seeing him naked, even though it turns me on abit. Hey...I'm a teenage girl. Leave me be. I sit him in the tub and wash all the dirt out of his hair, restoring the glancy ashy blonde. "There we go." I rinse the rest of him off and get him out. After drying him I wrap the towel around his waist. "Come on, lets get you some fresh clothes." we walk back to his room and I sit him down. I can't believe I've been here 10 minutes and I gotta take care of his broken ass. Even though I may still love him.

"Kat.....I gotta...green sh....shirt in my dresser...could I wear that?" he asks. I nod and look through his dresser before finding it. I walk over to him and pull it carefully over his head, watching out for the stitches

"Peeta why do you do this to yourself? I was gone for a week." I say getting some fresh boxers out.

"I'm sorry Kitty." he says looking down. I sigh and pull them on. "I just missed you."

"I know." I say. "Now get some rest." 

"With you?" he mumbles as I push him into bed.

"No Peeta." I say pulling the blanket over him. He frowns and turns over. I leave the room, closing the door behind me and walking downstairs.

"And?" Carries asks.

"I gave him a bath and put him in bed." I say sitting down.

"Did you see how bad he is?" she asks.

"Yes, I did." I say. 

"Please Katniss, he needs your help." she says. I sigh and look down to the ring, the amazing ring. I smile slightly and nod.

"I'll try and help but I'm not sure." I say making her smile.

"Thank you Katniss." she says. "Finnick you can stay in the second guest bedroom." he nods and stands up. Both leave the room as I sit there, staring at the ring. Peeta or Cato. 12 or 2. The boy who loves me more than anything or the boy who I flee to for new love. Now that I saw how broken Peeta really is I don't know what to do anymore. I guess time will show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooooo...good? I hope so and what does everybody think of the new cover? Is it nice? Feel free to say your thoughts.

Nikki :)