Chapter 38 Hospital

Peeta POV

I open my eyes and look around. I'm in a white room in bed, a brace around my neck. Than the door opens and a woman in a white coat walks in.

"Ahh...Mr. Mellark. Your awake." she says walking over to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore...my neck hurts." I say. She carefully takes the brace off and looks at my neck.

"Your neck is very heavily bruised." she says. "But you should be okay."

"Wheres...where Katniss? And Delly?" I ask.

"Everdeen is in the room across from you and Cartwright is in the room next to you." she says.

"What about them? Are they okay?" I ask. 

"Katniss has been getting Tracker Jacker Treatments." she says.

"Whats that?" I ask confused.

"Its something people use to poison others or make them think something is true then its not." she says.

"Okay...so can it be treated?" I ask.

"Well...yes but it takes a long time and that person can fall back into the Tracker Jacker phase." she says.

"What about Delly?" I ask.

"She's okay, just beaten up. She brought you two here." she says.

"Can I see her?" I ask.

"Soon, right now you need to rest." she says looking at her clipboard.

"Okay...but I can?" I ask. She nods and pulls out a syringe from her pocket. "Whats that?"

"Its pain killers but its gonna make you sleep." she says.

"I just woke up." I say making her smile.

"Yes but you can't move." she says placing the needle in my arm. "There we go."

"How long will I sleep?" I ask.

"Umm.....2..3 hours." she says. I nod and lay back. "You need as much rest as you can get."

"Okay...than." I say as the darkness starts to overcome me. Soon..I fall into another sleep.

Katniss POV

I open my eyes but feed restrains around my wrists. I'm in a dim light room, in a bed. Than I remember everything. Gale..my Gale is dead...gone forever. Tears stream down my cheeks as the door opens.

"Mrs. Everdeen, your up." a man says.

"What? Who are you? Where am I?" I ask pulling at the restrains.

"Calm down. Your in the hospital." he says.

"Why?" I ask.

"You've been poisoned." he says looking at his clipboard.

"What? No I haven't." I say.

"Yes, Gale did this to you." he says.

"No! Gale loves me and I love him!" I say.

"Alright, calm down." he says. "I'm gonna get you a good therapist." 

"I don't need no therapist!" I yell.

"Katniss please calm down." he says.

"Get me out of here!" I yank as hard as I can at the restrains.

"Stop that now." he says. "I want to do some tests and see where they lead me." 

"No! I said no! Leave me be!" he sighs and leaves the room. "Come back! Let me out of here!" soon the door opens and a woman walks in. "Who are you?"

"I'm your therapist." she says sitting down.

"I told them I don't need one." I say looking out the window.

"Yes you do, you've been made to think something thats not true." she says.

"Yeah? Like what?" I ask.

"Like you hate Peeta Mellark." she says and the anger rises in me.

"Don't say his name!" I yell.

"Thats what I mean." she says writing something down.

"Stop acting all fucking weird. Just let me leave." I say.

"We can't do that. You need to learn what happen" she says.

"Than tell me!" I say. She looks up and smiles. This is gonna be a very long day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for such the late update.

Nikki :)