Chapter 18 Going to Far Brings Memories

Peeta POV

She runs up to me, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck.

"I missed you so much." she says. I pull away and see Delly behind her.

"Yeah, good to see you." I say looking to Katniss who's giving her a death glare. I walk over to Delly and give her a hug too. She was my best friend, still is but she has a boyfriend and we never wanted a relationship in the fear it would ruin our friendship. And she's 18, Amber's 16.

"Peeta, you've gotten taller." she says smiling. I nod and walk her over to Katniss.

"This is Katniss Everdeen, my girlfriend." I say. She nods and shake's her hand.

"Nice to meet you. Delly Cartwright. Peeta's friend." she says. Katniss smiles and nods. "Lets head in." we walk to the house and inside.

"How have you been?" Amber says. 

"Pretty good." I say but she takes my hand making Katniss give me a look.

"Peeta? Can I talk to you?" she says. I nod and stand up, following her to the kitchen. "What the hell?!"

"What? I know I didn't think Amber would be here." I say looking down.

"I don't like her." she says making me smile.

"I thought so but its okay. Nothing to worry about." I say pulling her close. "I promise you this kitty." I give her a soft, long kiss. We walk back to the living room and sit down.

"So, Katniss. Aren't you Peeta's old friend?" Delly asks.

"Yes, we just got closer." she says. The rest of the night is just small talk but the whole time I see Amber giving Katniss death glares. I know Amber and I also know she's gonna be hard on Katniss. Later that night Katniss and I are in my room, watching movies.

"Peety, I love you." she says quietly. I smile and look down to her.

"I love you to Kitty." I say making her smile. She crawls on me and kisses me softly as my hands run up her back. She smiles in the kiss as I run one hand under her shirt also making her jump abit. Than I run down to her butt making her pull back and I remember the stuff with Gale. "Oh god...Katniss I'm sorry."

"No, its okay." she says crawling into my arms. "Its fine."

"I'm sorry."  I say kissing the top of her head. "I'm sorry."

"I'm just not really ready yet." she says pulling back.

"And I'll l wait forever, I promise." I say stroking her cheek. 

"Peeta? Your nothing like Gale. Your so sweet, caring and loving. More than he was." she says. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Katniss. I promise to always be here for you." I say rubbing her back. She looks up, her perfect silver grey eyes looking into mine.

"Thank you Peeta." she says before giving me a long kiss. 

"Anything love." I say. We lay down and she rests on my chest. "Good night Kitty."

"Night Peety." she says and with her beautiful voice I fall asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry its short.

Nikki :)