Chapter 45 Getting Out

Peeta POV

"Peeta!" I jump from my sleep looking around. "The phone!" I groan and get out of bed, leaving my room and walking down to the kitchen. "Here."

"Who is it?" I ask.

"The place Katniss is." she says. I smile and take the phone.

"Yes?" I say.

"Peeta? Its Katniss's therapist." she says.

"Alright, and?" I ask.

"We've been putting Katniss on medication, nothing hurting the baby and its been working great. We want to let her out to you." she says.

"What?! Really?!" I ask.

"Yes, you can come and get her today at 2:30." she says.

"Alright, be there." I say before hanging up. "Mom!" 

"What?" she asks walking in.

"Katniss is being let out! We can go and get her!" I say.

"What?! Thats great!" she says giving me a tight hug. "Peeta, I want to talk to you."

"Huh? About what?" I ask.

"About...your child." she says.

"Oh..alright." I say.

"I know your excited. Your gonna be a father, have a family but you have to know whats coming at you." she says. I sigh and nod, looking down to my feet. "I will help you everywhere I can."

"I know mom. Could we live her for now?" I ask.

"Yes, of course." she says. "I'll help with everything." 

"With what?" Rye asks walking in.

"Nothing." I say looking down.

"Thats a lie and I wanna know." he says crossing his arms. I sigh and look to mom.

"Your little brother is gonna be a father." she says. He gives me a look of surprise before smiling and hugging me, lifting me up.

"Oh my god! My baby brothers gonna be a daddy!" he says.

"Ok...okay! Put me down!" I say. He sets me down and ruffles my hair.

"Little Peeta's gonna be a father." he says.

"Yeah..yeah I know." I say walking to the living room.

"What time we gotta go pick her up?" mom asks.

"2:30. Can you drive me?" I ask Rye.

"Yeah, sure. Gotta help my baby brother." he says pinching my cheek.

"Alright, I'm gonna take a shower and we'll have breakfast." I say heading for the stairs.

~5 Hours Later~

"Here we are." I say getting out.

"This place looks messed up." Rye says as we walk to the door.

"Name your reason of presence." the doorman says.

"We're here to pick up Katniss Everdeen." I say. He looks through the notes on his clipboard and nods.

"Alright." he says letting us in. We walk to her therapist's office and in.

"Ahh..Peeta and who's this?" she asks.

"My brother." I say as we sit down.

"Alright, anyway. The medication we're giving Katniss is called Lupathronix." she says. "Its working really good. We'll send her some every month but she only takes one pill a day."

"Okay, should she live with me?" I ask.

"I would recommend first with you yes. She may still have flashes and attacks but nothing too bad." she says.

"Okay." I say.

"Lets go to her, she's packed her stuff and ready to leave." she says. We nod and stand up, following her out of the office and down the long hallway to the stairs, up to the 5th floor and Katniss's room. She opens the door and Katniss turns, smiling at the sight of me.

"Peeta! Your gona take me home?" she asks. I nod and walk in, letting her give me hug.

"Yep, Rye, can you get her stuff?" I ask. He nods and grabs her suitcase. As we walk out her therapist stops me.

"Here are the pills." she says handing me the small box. I nod and we leave the hospital, to the car. I sit in the back with Katniss.

"Am I staying with you?" she asks.

"Yes, you are." I say. She smiles and leans over, giving me a light kiss.

"Awww...how sweet." Rye says. I roll my eyes and soon we're home. I can't wait. I really can't wait to have a family with Katniss but I never knew the problems that were bound to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooo......whats gonna happen????? RAISE YOU HANDS FOR MORE!!!!!!!!!

Nikki :)