Chapter 9 Caught

Peetas pov

I take Katniss home. She invites me in, of course I say yes. She loves me now. I cannot explain the feeling of having someone you have loved for years, love you back. It's unbelievable. It really is.

"Mom? Prim?" Katniss calls out. No one answers. We walk into the kitchen and see a note on the table. She picks it up and reads it. "Great." She mumbles.

"What?" I ask.

"They've gone out to get some medical supplies. Won't be back for another two hours." She sighs.

"Should we do something then?"

"Okay. I'm taking you out." She smiles. I smile back at her.

"So your taking me out, huh?" I ask whilst waggling my eyebrows. She nods and wraps her arms around my neck.

"I am." She kisses me so lightly, I can't feel anything on my lips. "I missed you." She mumbles. "I missed you too, so much." I whisper on her lips. She pulls away and tucks her head into my chest. "I love you." She says.

"I love you too." We stay in the same position for what seems like two seconds, but is really 10 minutes.

"Let's go." She grabs my hand and takes me outside. We walk on a pathway that I have never seen before, the entire time I've lived in this area. We walk for another half an hour until we reach a meadow. Katniss leads me to a willow tree. We both sit down and I wrap my arms around her small frame. I kiss her head while she starts to hum a tune that I recognize.

"Katniss?" I ask.

"Mhm."

"Is that the song that you sang, the valley song?"

"Yes. How did you know?"

"How can I forget, it was the day we met. It was when your hair was in two braids instead of one and you were wearing a red skirt. The teacher asked does anyone know the valley song and your hand shot straight up. After that, I knew I loved you, so I introduced myself. We were the best of friends until..." I trail off.

"I know. I'm sorry I left you. All I've done is hurt you. I'm sorry." She let's a tear slip out of her eye. I turn her so she is facing me. "Don't ever say that your sorry again. You made my life amazing.

" She leans up and kisses me. We both pull away.

"Peeta, you said that you were depressed. Can-can I see?" She whimpers. I nod and show her my wrists. She kisses them. I feel tears on my hands. I turn her around and wipe her tears away.

"I'm so sorry. I caused this." She sobs. She goes deeper into my chest and I wrap my arms more protectively around her. "What did I say about saying sorry?" I say. She giggles and looks up. We both lean in and kiss. I feel a stirring sensation, followed by a Fourth of July fireworks going off inside of me. We pull away.

"C'mon, let's go." She stands up and holds her hands out. I stand up and lean down. "What are you doing?" She asks. I place her on my back.

"Giving you a piggy back." She laughs and wraps her arms around my neck. We go back to her house and see the lights are on. Prim and Mrs Everdeen are home. I open the door, with Katniss still on my back and we see both of them sitting on the couch, with Gale on the one opposite. They still haven't noticed us so I turn around. A floorboard creaks.

"Katniss is that you?" Oh no.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writen by my awesome co-writer _fangirl_fandoms_

Check her profile and books and follow her.

Nikki :)