Chapter 5 Like Old Times

Peeta POV

I open my eyes and look around. I'm in the old treehouse where Katniss and I played clubhouse. I hear footsteps walking around me and feel a bandage around my wrist.

"Peeta?" I look up and see Katniss. "Hey." she smiles and knees down.

"Katniss? What do you want?" I ask.

"You trying to commit suicide! What were you thinking?" she asks.

"Why do you care?" I ask bitterly.

"Because, do you wanna die?" she asks.

"Honestly? Yes, I do." I say making her frown.

"Peeta I..." but I don't wanna hear it.

"Don't Peeta me! You put me through all this shit, my whole life I was always with you, through everything! And you treat me like this!" I yell.

"Don't yell at me like that!" she says.

"Why not? You've made my life a living hell hole ever since you left me for Gale!" I yell. 

"Why do you care about who I date anyway?!" she yell.

"Because I love you! I love you Katniss Everdeen, I always have but when you left me like I was nothing I was hurt." I say looking down.

"What?" she asks.

"I love you." I say softly. She sighs and leans back against the wall.

"Peeta, I had no idea how bad everything was for you." she says.

"If you would get away from your 'oh so awesome boyfriend' than you would see whats wrong. I go to therapy, I have no friends." I say.

"I'm sorry, I guess its all I can say." she says looking me in the eyes.

"Its not enough." I say. She sighs and sits there for a second before rushing forward and pressing her lips to mine. I jump but feel a warmth inside. Something comforting. Relaxing but I don't know what it is. I rest my hands on her waist and pull her forward onto my lap as I kiss her back. When she pulls away we're both breathless. "Woah...umm...." I have no words at all.

"Sorry." she says backing up.

"No, that was awesome." I say making her smile. 

"So, we okay? Kinda?" she asks.

"Yeah, for now but lets go to my house. Its gonna get cold." I say. She nods and helps me up. She's just like before all of this. Maybe I got my Katniss back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohh!!! I'm not bringing them back together that fast.

Nikki :)