Chapter 15 Nightmares

Katniss POV

~NIGHTMARE~

"Catnip?" I jump and turn to see Gale. 

"Hey. How you doing?" I ask standing up. 

"How am I doing? How am I doing?!" he yells making me jump. "What have you been doing all day?!"

"Nothing. I was here." I say backing up.

"No you weren't. You were out, spending the day with that Mellark boy!" he yells.

"I had to help him." I say looking down.

"You didn't have to do shit!" he yells. "You belong here! With me!"

"I'm sorry." I mumble. He storms over to me and slams me against the wall.

"If you ever go see Peeta again I'll..." but I cut him off.

"Gale please....please stop." I say. He looks at me with pure hate. 

"You have to learn to listen to me!" he yells before throwing a slap and hitting me harder than ever.

"Stop!" I cry but he slaps me again. "Gale!"

NIGHTMARE END

I jump from my sleep, screaming as loud as ever making Peeta jump awake. 

"You okay?" he asks scooting over to me. I shake my head as the tears shart to flow. "Hey." he wraps his arms tightly around me.

"He was beating me....he was...." but my tears cut me off.

"Its okay, Its alright. Your gonna be fine." he whispers softly. "I'm here, Gale can't get you."

"Peeta, please never leave." I says.

"I promise. I'll always be here for you." he says. I nod and we lay back down. "Try and rest. I'm here and I won't let you go."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really sorry its so short.

Nikki :)