Chapter 12 The Day It Happened

Peetas pov

"Katnissssss!" I whine. Katniss removed the ladder from the tree so I can't get down from the tree house.

"Peetaaa!" She mimics.

"Could you uhh, put the ladder back on the tree? Please?" She shakes her head. "Fine then no more pancakes!" She pouts.

"Ugh! Fine!" She puts the ladder back on the tree and I climb down. She turns round.

"So what do you wanna do?" She asks.

"How about this." I grab her in my arms and swoop her down. I lean in and kiss her. At first it's soft and gentle, but as soon as her tongue runs on my lip, it gets heated. Our tongues fight in battle, Katniss, of course, WINS. We pull away breathless.

"Never knew you were French Katniss." I laugh.

"Ha yeah.... Never knew you were either!" We both laugh.

"Should we go back?"

"Well.... You said you would teach me how to cook.... Let's go to the bakery!"

"Okay, but my brothers are there. I'm warning you." She laughs.

"Let's go." She grabs my hand and runs off with me trailing behind. We run for about 2 kilometres before we reach Katniss' house. "I need to get changed, I ripped my clothes." I nod and follow her inside. She runs upstairs whilst I wait on her couch. I look around her house and see pictures. They are pictures of when she was little, also with her sister, Prim. One photo in particular catches my attention. It's a photo of Katniss and I, in front of school. I remember that day so clearly.

~flashback~

"One picture! One picture!" Katniss' mother says. Katniss groans. We are both 13 and she got her first BOYFRIEND today. She left me. She left me and went to Gale. She basically betrayed me. She ignored me. I thought we were best friends. Well I obviously thought wrong.

"Mom! I need to go meet Gale!" Gale this, Gale that. That's all she talks about.

"Sweetie, one picture, please?"

"Fine." She groans again and stands next to me. She doesn't even look at me, nor speak to me. She just stands and smiles. I put on a fake smile, like her. As soon as the photo is taken, I walk away.

"Peeta!" She shouts. I turn around.

"Finally showing some interest in me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind."

"Peeta, I want you to come with me to Gales."

"WELL I don't wanna go see Gale. I'd much rather stay at home and work on our project!"

"But Peeta-"

"Just leave me alone!" I see a tear fall from her eye. I walk away, angrily. As I'm walking, I accidentally bump into another person.

"Sorry." I mumble. I get up and see that it is Finnick.

"Oh hey." He says.

"Hi." I say angrily.

"Why you so angry? Is it Katniss?"

"Partly."

"Gale?"

"Yes."

"I heard he's gonna try and make Katniss hate you."

"What?!"

"Yeah. That's what I heard."

"Wanna come round? My mom won't mind.

"Sure."

That's the day I became friends with Finnick. That's the day when Katniss left me.

~end of flashback~

I see Katniss come down the stairs. "Ready?" I hold my hand out. She walks up to me and holds it.

"Ready."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All writen by my co-writer _fangirl_fandoms_ 

Check out her books and follow her.

Nikki :)