Chapter 1 Broken Peeta

Peeta POV

 BEEP BEEP BEEP!!! I slam my alarm off and sit up. No....its Monday. The day I go to the place that broken me, see the girl that broke me. Katniss Everdeen. The girl I love more than anything, the girl that broke everything I lived for. 

I swing my legs out of bed and stand up before walking to the bathroom. I wash my face and brush my ashy blonde hair. I walk back to my room and pull some fresh clothes before walking down to the living room.

"Hey mom." I say. She turns and smiles.

"Hi cupcake." she says.

"Mom! Don't call me that anymore. I'm 16!" I whine making her laugh.

"Your still my cupcake." she says. I smile and lean against the counter. "Dr. Silko wants to see you today at 5."

"Okay, I thought he was on vacation." I say grabbing a piece of fresh, warm bread.

"No, he's not and thats for your aunt!" she says slapping my hand. 

"Stop beating me mother!" I say walking by.

"Have fun as school cupcake." she says. I groan and grab my bag heading out the door. The long walk to school is nothing compared to the horrors of my school. I get picked on for many reasons. I'm not that tall, abit taller than most of the girls but shorter than almost all of the boys. I have bright blue eyes and really soft hair. All reasons to mess with me. I walk to my locker but when I open it its slammed shut right on my hand.

"Hey cupcake." I look and see its Gale. The pain in my hand increases as he holds me against the lockers.

"Leave me alone Gale." I say.

"Where is my money?" he asks.

"I don't have it." I say looking down. He chuckles and throws me to the ground. I look up and see her. Katniss. Watching me. Watching and not doing anything to help me.

"When I tell you to get me something you do it cupcake." he says kicking my side and walking off. I cough up some blood and stand up. This is what happens every single day.

"Peeta?" I turn and see Finnick, my only friend. He rushes to me and helps me up. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, I'm good." I say looking at my now swelling hand.

"Come on, lets go to the nurse." he says but I stop him.

"No, I'm good." I say. "Lets just get to class."

"Peeta..." but I cut him off.

"No!" I say. He nods and we head to class. He sits next to me as our teacher Mr Latier. out art teacher walks in.

"Alright class, today we're going to work on drawing flowers. Not very interesting but its a start." he says. "Peeta? Would you like to draw one for us?" I'm the best in art. I nod and stand up and take a piece of chalk but as I want to draw I hear a small crack in my hand and I drop it. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm, fine." I say picking it back up and starting to draw but the pain sets my hand on fire and I drop it again.

"Peeta, go to the nurse. I can see there's something wrong with your hand." he says. I sigh and leave the room, walking to the nurse. I open the door and see her sitting at her desk.

"Hi Peeta, whats brings you here?" she asks standing up.

"I hurt my hand." I say holding it up.

"Okay than let me have a look." she says. I walk over to her and she carefully takes my hand. "That doesn't look good."

"What?" I ask.

"Its broken." she says. "I'll cool it, wrap it up and send you home." 

"What? No!" I say.

"Peeta, stop. You can't putting yourself through this." she says. "Your going home!"

"Okay." I say. She treats it and sends me off. This is me. Broken Peeta.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it was okay.

Nikki :)