Chapter 74

I smiled as I watched Demon sneak into the slide door after giving me a wink. It didn't even take him a minute before he threw open my door and walked through it. He closed the door and walked over to me on the balcony.
"Hey,pretty girlfriend." he said as he pulled me by my waist closer to him. I let out a giggle and smiled up at him.
"Hey,badboy boyfriend." he rolled his eyes and I placed my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me.
"Wow you gonna take the first step?" he asked teasing me.
"Yes and for once you are going to let me have control." I said and he smirked.
"As you wish,pretty lady." was his answer and I smiled. I pulled him closer and pressed my lips onto his happy that I was happy that I was let in control.

"So how was last night?" Demon asked me after we gave our orders to the waiter. I smiled thinking about the previous night.
"It was fun but short. His manager came to fetch him since they had to fly back. But it was still fun. We caught up with each other and I realized just how much I miss them." I said as the waiter placed down our coffees.
"But why did he have to go back so fast?" he asked and I felt my mood dampen a little.
"It's Momma's birthday in two days so they are busy planning a party for her and apparently Uncle Ai has been breathing down his neck to come home." i said interlocking my fingers with his.
"He is the chef right?" he asked referring to Uncle Aiden and I nodded.
"You know I am about to snatch up the best boyfriend title right now." he said and I laughed.
"Why?"
"James and I need to go sort out something and since there is enough space on the jet, you should come with us to San Fransisco for a couple of days." he said as the waiter placed down our food. I looked at him and he smiled.
"Really?" I asked and he nodded. I almost immediately stood up and walked over to his side. I leaned down and kissed him earning a chuckle from him.
"So I'll take that as a yes." he said teasingly and I rolled my eyes.
"Of course." I said as I took my seat.
"Great because we leave at 7 tonight." he said causing me to almost choke on my coffee.

"For how long will we be staying?" I asked Demon over the phone.
"Depends on my business." he said and I glared at him through the phone.
"You can't see it now but I am glaring at you through the phone. I need a real number,Valdez." I said and he laughed.
"4 to 5 days. Happy?" He said and I smiled.
"Very." I said as I walked into my closet.
"Whatever. See you in two." he said and I rolled my eyes. He took me around town for the whole day and only leaves me with two hours of packing while he is probably ready. Well time to get ready too.

2 hours later I was ready and pulling my suitcase down the stairs too lazy to actually lift it up. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I was satisfied with my airport outfit.

"Where are you going?" A voice behind me asked and turned around to come face to face with my father

"I asked you a question." he said and I mentally prepared myself for a scolding.
"I'm going to San Fransisco for a couple of days with Demon and James. It's Momma's birthday." I answered and he glared at me.
"And did you ask for permission from me?" he asked and I mentally rolled my eyes.
"I called Odette and I told her that I'm going." I lied but he didn't need to know that. Odette would cover for me anyways. She flew to Illinois the day before for her new movie.
"I want you to stay away from Demon, Andrea. I am really serious." he said and I rolled my eyes grabbing my suitcase.
"He is being investigated and sooner than later he will fall down." he said and I turned around to look at him.
"Who and why?" I asked and he smiled.
"FBI and DEA. He is killing people,Andrea and he has to pay for that." he said before turning around and walking away.
Demon is under investigation for murder. The thought didn't want to go away and I felt my eyes stung. A car's hooter brought me back to reality and I grabbed the suitcase and walked out the door.
Outside the gate Demon stood infront of his car on the phone.
"We'll be there in a couple of minutes.Calm your panties." he said before stuffing the phone in his pocket. The noise from my suitcase caught his attention and he turned towards me.
"Hey,Baby."he said and I smiled but I felt as if it was fake. He moved towards me and grabbed my chin to pull me closer to him. As he leaned down for a kiss I turned my head and he landed a kiss on my cheek. He gave me a look and I felt bad.
"Is everything okay?" he asked and I looked at him before throwing my arms around him and hugging him tightly. He snaked his arms around me hugging me back.
"Everything is fine." I said pulling away. He nodded and took my suitcase walking over to his car. I followed him and got into the car. He got in a minute later and started the car.
The ride to the jet was akward, neither of us talked about what had happened outside the car and I felt stupid. I was overthinking a situation while my dad could have been lying. The car stopped and I looked outside the car. We were on a landing strip infront of a black jet with a name on at the side. It was to dark for me to see so I left it. We got out and a guy walked over to Demon and Demon gave him the car keys. I gave Demon the suitcase so he could carry it up the stairs and he rolled his eyes mumbling something alonf the lines of weak and I hit him on the shoulder and he gave me one of his breathtaking smiles. I smiled back and it felt real so I followed him up. Inside the plane I looked in awe at the comfiness. The regular planeseats were replaced with couches. There were three doors inside. One read Cockpit, one read Bathroom and the last one read Bedroom. The last door opened and James stepped out of the bedroom. He let out a scream and Demon mumbled stupid.
"Dee,you made it and you brought the pretty girl." James said and I laughed. James could be a bundle of energy sometimes.
"Yeah yeah tell the pilot to get a move on." Demon said and James let out a giggle causing me to look at him weirdly. Demon seemed fine with it so I figured it was a regular thing.
"Just take a seat." Demon said tiredly and I laughed taking a seat near the door. It was gonna be a long flight.

2 hours later the plane finally landed. I had read through most of the plane ride while Demon and James was in and out of the bedroom. I chose not to question them because Demon's face was the infamous one again. The doors opened and the pilot stepped out of the cockpit and he and Demon talked to each other one side.
"Come on,pretty girl. Let's go." James said pulling me up and grabbing my suitcase before practically running out of the plane causing Demon to groan.
I shook my head and was about to walk when a voice behind me scared me. I turned around and there were three guys before me. They all had laptops in their hands and I looked at the open bedroom door. I guess I know now why they went into the room so much.
"Let's get going." Demon said from the door and the three guys nodded and walked past me. I turned around and looked at them before walking over to Demon.
"I didn't know there were other people on the jet too." I said and he nodded.
"Yeah,so I thought that since I have things to take care of and I won't be available for the day I should go drop you off at your Grandparents house." he said as we moved down the stairs and I looked at him nodding my head. But I guess biting my lip showed how nervous I was because he turned me towards him and pulled me closer.
"It's going to be fine,okay. And if they give you trouble or you feel overwhelmed you call me and I'll pick you up okay." he said and I smiled nodding again. He smiled and pressed a kiss on my lips.
He placed his arm around me as we continued walking down the stairs.

San Fransisco was beautiful at night. The streets were busy and everything was amazing. I looked at my watch and my eyes widened.
"Demon,it's almost 11pm. Don't you think they are asleep by now?" I asked and he shrugged.
"Only one way to find out." he said parking the car infront of a grey and white house. The lights were off and I felt bad.
"Maybe we should just leave it until tomorrow." I said and he shook his head.
"Either you get out and knock or I will. And trust me that won't be a good idea." he said and I looked at him and he gave me an innocent look which caused me to kiss him. He kissed me back and I smiled.
"That was great,now get out." he said after we pulled away and I glared at him which caused him to smile. I opened the door and fetched my suitcase before closing the door. I slowly moved up the steps to the house. Taking deep breaths I rang the doorbell and waited. The lights upstairs went on and I panicked. My phone pinged and I opened the text. I turned around and Demon wasn't there. I read the text and I smiled.
Demon💗-You got this.Trust me👑.
Footsteps came closer from inside and soon the door opened.
"You better have a damn good.." My grandmother said probably thinking I was someone else but she stopped when she noticed I wasn't who she thought I were.
"Goodnight Momma." I said and before I could say anything I was engulfed in a tight hug.

Chapter 74 up and ready for reading. This authors note is just for acknowledgement. I want to thank everyone who is reading my book,I want to say thank you to everyone who is adding my book to their reading list and following me. And a warm thank you to girlsonline567
For liking my chapters. It means alot that people like it..

And if you need friends I love meeting new people. Let's chat on WhatsApp.
+264 81 8497597