Chapter 38

Doctor Vincent wrapped his arms around me as I hiccuped.
"It will be fine Andrea. It's gonna be fine. " I shook my head not believing him and I told him
"Please don't lie to me Doc. Nothing will ever be fine atleast not concerning me. I really wanted to kill myself and you should have let me to it because I promised them. I owe them atleast that." I said tears once again escaping causing doctor Vincent to hug me more tightly.
"Everything will be fine and you know how I know that?" he asked rocking me back and forth. I shook my head at his question.
"Because you're brother believed that once his gone you will be fine and he knew you better than anyone right." I bit my lip and smiled at the mention of my brother's letter.
"I miss him,Doc." I whispered to him.
"And I am very sure he misses you too,so do you think he feels happy watching you cry over him? I don't think he does. "
"I don't want him to be sad, Doc. I want him to be happy when he looks at me from heaven and be proud of me." I said looking at the sky imagining my brother's face there.
"So why don't you come with me to Chicago? I was called to fill in for a therapist at the Chicago Safe Clinic." I looked at him.
"I don't want to go to some place for mental people." he stood up and gave his hand to help me up.
"It is not a place for mental people, it is a place where people go to forget about their problems with help from therapist. Come on Andrea I can be your therapist and you can stay there for the mid term break. " I bit my lip and looked at my brother's grave. Nodding my head at the doc as I looked at the grave.
"Okay,for Dré." I said.
"Of course. So let's go so I can talk to you father about this and get things ready at the clinic." I nodded and picked up my bag and placed a kiss on my mother's headstone before placing one on my brother's.
"I will to my best to get better for you Dré. To make you proud of me. I love you forever and always."

I stepped out from the doc's car infront of the house and took deep breaths. Doctor Vincent noticed and came to my side and looked me in my eyes and smiled.
"For Dré." and I nodded and walked up to the door before it was abruptly opened. I came face to face with two unknown girls and Camilla. We all looked at each other no one saying a word I noticed the look Camilla gave me indicating that she knew what I tried to do. I looked away and stood out of their way as they moved out and then I went in.  Laughter came from the living room and Doctor Vincent looked at me.
"I will go talk to your dad okay and when I am done I will come see you okay." I nodded and smiled at him as I made my way up the stairs and into my room. When I entered my room and closed the door I turned around and screamed. I stopped screaming when the other person screamed too. I looked at the little boy and arched my eyebrow.
"Can I help you?" I asked the boy who looked around 11 years old and he smiled shyly sitting back on my bed.
"My name is Ace and I am sorry for coming into your room. It's just that I don't really like my other family members and unlike my brother who was banned from doing stuff with the family I have to be present at these stupid stuff. So I just wanted to get away from them for a while. " I smiled and told him it was okay.  I grabbed a suitcase from underneath my bed and placed it on my bed opening it. Ready to get packing so I can be ready when the doc was leaving.
"Are you going somewhere? " Ace asked and I looked at him as he placed his gaming console down. I nodded.
"Yeah I'm going to Chicago for the mid terms. " he nodded and went back to his game and I went to my closet. I took out three weeks of clothes and started packing them into the suitcase along with some shoes and the necessary accessories.
After a while there was a knock on my door and before I could answer it Ace stopped me.
"If it is my mom or dad tell them I am not here. Because they will force me to go play with those other kids and I really don't want to." I smiled and nodded as he went to hide in my closet. I went to open the door and looked at Doctor Vincent standing outside the door.
"You're dad says it fine, he is busy with the airport service to get you on the same plane as me. So if he does manage that we leave tomorrow at 14:00 okay." I nodded and told him okay. He turned to leave but turned his head towards me.
"Happy thoughts Andrea. For André. " I nodded my head and closed my door and before I reached my bed there was a knock on my door again. I walked back to the door and opened it expecting to see Doctor Vincent but it was a woman who looked a little like Odette and she smiled at me.
"Hi, sorry to bother you.." she stopped when she realized she does not know my name.
"Andrea. " I said helping her. And she smiled.
"Nice to meet you Andrea I'm Odene. I would like to know if you've seen a little blacked haired boy goes by the name Ace. " I came to the conclusion she was Ace's mother and realizing my silent promise to him I shook my head mustering the best innocent look.
"I'm sorry but I also just came home. "
"Okay than,but if you see him tell him I am looking for him please. " I nodded and watched her move down the stairs and than closed the door.
"It's okay Ace. She is gone so you can come out now. " I watched him carefully come out of the closet and walk over to my bed retaking his seat.
"Thank you uhm.. "
"Andrea. " he smiled as I helped him.
"Yeah thanks Andrea. " I gave him a small smile and winked at him as I walked into my bathroom to fetch some things.

The next morning I walked out the shower and dried myself as I twirled the towel around my body going into my room and carefully walking into my closet to avoid waking Ace who had fell asleep on my bed last night. After he had gone to show his face to his mother and tell her he would be sleeping in my room.
I placed the clothes I had took out the night before on and than styled my hair. I looked into the mirror and noticed the dark circles on my face and I bit my lip and grabbed the makeup kit Odette had bought and which I had never used. Knowing the basics of makeup I applied some make up to hide the circles.

Walking back into my room once satisfied with the look I grabbed my suitcase and my bag and I went out of my room

Walking back into my room once satisfied with the look I grabbed my suitcase and my bag and I went out of my room. I silently moved downstairs and into the living room hoping that either my dad or Odette was awake so I could get the ticket.

Flashback
I stood up from my bed as I paused the movie Ace and I were watching as I moved to my door. I opened my door saw my dad standing there. He looked past me clearly  avoiding my eyes.
"I uh I got you a seat on the plane for tomorrow. You can get the ticket from me tomorrow morning. " I nodded and was about to close the door when he grabbed my hand I looked back at him. He shook his head after a while and left my hand.
"It's fine." than he walked away leaving me confused.

Flashback over

I was thankful when I saw my dad drinking coffee outside looking at the beach. I left the suitcase and walked outside clearing my throat to gain his attention. He turned around
"Andrea." he said. He walked back into the house and I followed. He told me to wait so I did as he left the room. As I waited for him I walked into the kitchen to look for some food. I saw a plate of food in the fridge and I took it out and placed it into the microwave warming it up.
When my dad finally got back I was already finished with my food. I cleaned the plate and placed it away than turned to him. He gave me the ticket and than left. I nodded and placed the ticket in my bag making sure my passport is in too. 

I paid the cab driver than grabbed the suitcase and then bag before getting out. I stepped into the airport and looked around trying to spot Doctor Vincent who said he would be waiting for me. I saw him near the security guards and I took a deep breath before walking over to him.
"This is for you Dré. I promise I will get better for you. " I whispered to him softly hoping he could hear me. Because I wanted to make him proud of his  his little one minute miracle.

Chapter 38 for you peoples. Thank you for reading my book it means alot to me. Please if you are going through situations where you think suicide is the only way out just know there are people out there ready to listen and help.. Love you