Chapter 8

My stomach grumbling caused me to wake up. I stood up and stretched my legs it was paining because of the uncomfortable way I had been sleeping in. I patted my stomach and looked at the clock it was 23:02 I shook my head. Everyone was probably already sleeping I hoped as I opened my door a little. Popping my head out of the door I looked around there was laughter coming from my dad's room so that meant they were in their room. Silently moving out of my room I tiptoed down the stars holding onto the railing. When I entered the living room my heart stopped as I looked out the glass. Making my way to the glass I smiled as I looked at the full moon which occupied the sky accompanied by the thousand and thousands of stars. It was beautiful to say the least. Leaving the beauty infront of me I turned towards the kitchen and walked into it. I turned on the light and walked over to the fridge opening it to look for something eatable. I found a plate in the fridge which was covered and took it out taking off the lid I smiled. The food looked delicious it was baked chicken, green salad, baked pork belly, and a piece of meat pie. I placed the plate in the microwave to heat up the food while it was heating up I poured myself some of the juice that was in the fridge. The ping sound came from the microwave indicating it was done so I took it out and sat down at the barstool. Devouring the food infront of me I smiled as my stomach stopped making noises.
"You look really happy eating that food." Someone said from behind me making me choke on the chicken I was eating. I coughed trying to get the chicken out but failed I felt someone pat me on the back and suddenly the chicken piece went down correctly. I turned around and glared at the person behind me.
"You don't sneak up on someone who is eating food because they may he scared and choke themselves to death." I said quoting my grandmother remembering how one time she told me the exact same thing. She rolled her eyes and sat down I infront of me.
"Well you didn't die so get over it." She said quoting me. Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.
"What do you want Ma?" I asked as I restarted eating the food.
"Nothing, cant a grandmother talk to her granddaughter without being interrogated." I scoffed at that as I took a sip of my juice.
"Okay fine. Talk to me then." She looked at me in such a way I have become really familiar with. I didn't say anything rather listened to what she wanted to say.
"Your dad, Odette and I had a talk earlier. Since you were making progress last year at Dr Chris we were thinking that we sign you up for sessions with a physiatrist..." I snapped my head to my grandmother angry.
"What? Why? Who gives you the right to talk about my life and make decisions based on how you feel? And even Odette got to decide why? She is not my mother and she will never be so she has no right to intervere in my life. And why to I have to see another head doctor huh."
"To talk Andrea it has been 10 years and you're still not over it." I laughed darkly at that statement and stood up looking her straight in the eyes. She looked like she wanted to cry which meant she was hiding more things
"Why do I have to talk to a stranger while I have you to talk to? And so what if I am not over their deaths just because you moved on so quickly doesn't mean I have to either..."she interrupted me as she stood up and banged her palms on the table.
"Because I am leaving Santa Monica tomorrow." My eyes widened.
"What?" I asked her softly most of the anger drifting away as confusion flowed in.
"I am leaving Santa Monica for London tomorrow afternoon."
"For how long?" I asked looking at her as she looked around then met my eyes with her own except tears were in hers.
"You're not coming back are you?" She shook her head and tears filled my eyes.
"I never planned on staying here longer than 2 weeks. I just had to come drop you off make sure you were fine than I were to leave again." I nodded and turned around.
"Well Ma. Take a good look at me because this is the last time you are ever going to see me." I said as I walked out of the kitchen tears threatening to spill. I could here her sobbing but I didn't care. I stopped walking as I saw my dad standing near the door looking at me in confusion but I walked past him and ran up to my room as soon as I reached the stairs. Shutting my door I stood with my back against it biting my lip hard to stop myself from crying. I walked to my bathroom and washed my face off I looked up and stared into the mirror looking at myself. My blue eyes were shining due to the tears washing my face off again I dried it then looked at the bath and shower I wasn't in the mood for anything. Deciding I so would take a bath in the morning I walked out of the bathroom and changed into PJs then went over to my bed and got under the covers. Darkness soon engulfing me.
Flashback
"1. Ready or not here I come Drè." A seven year old girl with her white long hair tied into two ponytails yelled out to her brother who was hiding. We were playing hide and seek a game where Andre was the master at. I ran around the house looking for him but couldn't find him. Starting to worry I yelled out his name. Tears filled my eyes as I ran to my mother who was busy cooking in the kitchen.
"Mommy I can't find Andre anywhere. Please call him." I said hugging her leg. I was now full on crying my mother picked me up and rubbed my back as she called out to Andre. We heard running and soon Andre burst through the kitchen door I wiggled out of my mother's embrace and ran over to my brother who looked confused I immediately hugged him and he hugged me back.
"Drèa why are you crying?" He asked as he pulled me out of the hug looking me in the eyes. He looked like he wanted to cry too.
"I couldn't find you so I got worried thinking you left me." He pulled me in for another hug but this one was much more tighter then the last one
"I am never going to leave you my queen I promise I will always be here and in here." He said pointing to my heart before hugging me again.
Flashback over
I jerked away as I woke up feeling my pillow soaking wet.
"I miss you Andrè. Please come back to me." I whispered as I touched my necklace. Standing up I looked at my alarm it was already 6:55 so I went into the bathroom and started running water in the bath. While the water was filling the bath I went to my closet and not having the energy to look around grabbed a pair of underwear ,a light blue skinny jean, a same coloured cropped jersey with black striped and a black pair of high heel ankle boots. I went into the bathroom and shut of the tap then stripped myself before getting into the bath. I smeared soap all over my body then scraped myself clean. Thinking about my grandmother I sighed I hated the way things were between us. She was all I had in the world she was my rock after my mother and brother died. Even before the accident we were close not as close as my brother and I had been or me and my mother but close now she was leaving and it was terrifying because she was the only one I could exactly talk to. Shaking my head I got out of the bath then dried myself, after I twirled the towels around myself I left the bathroom and got dressed. I finished by spraying some perfume on, adding a pair of earrings and brushing my teeth. I took my bag then poured out my books I looked through it and finished homework I had forgotten. When I was done I placed the books in my bag then made my bed. I looked at the watch 7:40 was what was displayed on it. Taking a deep breath I grabbed my bag then opened my door exiting it I closed it again. Walking down the stairs I heard voices recognizing my dad's and grandmother's I sighed guess I am going to bump into them. I saw them standing by the front door with Odette talking looking outside. My phone rang and suddenly they all looked at me I answered my phone looking at my grandmother.
"Yes. Andrea speaking." I said not looking at the number. I smiled when I heard the voice.
"You didn't tell me daddy was Andre Sparks babygirl. I'm outside by the way please hurry." Then he ended the call I shook my head not knowing why he was so paranoid. I walked over to the door holding my grandmother's gaze mumbling morning to them. I was about to leave but I stopped and turned around throwing my arms around my grandmother. She immediately hugged me back and I smiled.
"Sorry Ma for overreacting last night. Just promise me you will visit and call me everyday." I whispered to her causing her to shake her head.
"Of course baby. As long as you visit doctor Vincent and cooperate." I nodded and pulled back. She smiled and kissed my forehead.
"I love you baby. Remember that."
"I love you to Ma." Then I hugged her again then left. Looking around I noticed there was no cab instead there was a black pick up truck and Sean layer against it. I moved closer to the truck while he moved closer to me.
"New cab?" I asked teasing him.
"Yes its in fashion." I smiled and he laughed and took my hand then led me to the truck. Opening the door for me he helped me inside since it was a little high of the ground.
"Thank you kind sir." He dramatically bowed his head
"Pleasure my lady." I laughed as he closed the door and got into the other side with ease. Looking back at the house Sean started the car I snickered back as my grandmother stood there waving. I placed my arm out of the car then waved back. I pulled it back when Sean drove out through the gates.
"So you seemed pretty paranoid about my dad." He tensed up then laughed it off.
"He is Andre Sparks. That alone is a reason to be paranoid." He said then turned up the radio narrowing my eyes I nodded to put him at ease but I knew something was off. I laughed as I listened to him try to rap to Eminem but failing miserably.
"Hey you can't blame me. The guy's a legend so its no fair competition." He said to me smiling.
"Keep telling yourself that." I teased patting him on the back. He scoffed then smiled turning around to me quickly before turning back. He changed the radio and stopped then he came across Camilla Cabello's Havana.
"Well you go up against someone great" I shrugged come on Sean this was my song I thought as I saw him smirking and I laughed before starting. I started from where the guy finished rapping and ended looking at him. I laughed as I looked at him with a shock face. He suddenly smiled and said
"You're good." I blushed and nodded. I looked out and saw we were outside school already I sighed not really wanting to go in. I paid Sean than said my farewells before getting out I closed the door and watched Sean drive away hootering. Shaking my head I bit the inside of my lip then made my past the security guards who nodded towards the front door I saw no one was infront of the school which meant everyone was inside. Biting my lip I placed my hand on the front door and prayed everyone forgot about yesterday's events. With the little hope inside me I pulled open the door and entered.

Chapter 8 completed. Hope you like it and thanks to everyone who reads my books.