Christmas Chapter

There was something magical about Christmas time, whether it was the aesthetic of everything around you, the snow or the pure joy in some people's face during this time, it just made you in the mood for it. 

Andrea looked around her at the Christmas lights and smiled as she watched the lights get switched on. A satisfied sigh left her lips and she looked at the smoke coming out of her mouth, a testament of how cold it was. She had never really gotten used to the weather of New York during Christmas even though she had moved there 4 years ago. 

"Excuse me,'cuse me.." A familiar voice from behind her snapped her out of her thoughts and she looked and she turned to look at her, immediately breaking into a fit of giggles as she watched Sean march through the group of people still staring at the lights. He had a frown on his face, wearing one of the thickest coats she had ever seen. Sean never really got used to the weather when he came to visit. He finally stepped out through the group of people and walked over to her. He smiled when he reached her and engulfed her in a tight hug which she returned.    " Totally worth being almost trampled to death." He said and she laughed as she kissed him on the cheek.                                                                                                                                                                                   "I told you to come earlier, you missed the whole lighting up ceremony." she answered as they started moving away from the people. He shook his head as he wrapped his arms around her.        "And I would have been here earlier if it was not for that two faced jerk." he said kicking a plastic bottle away from him. Andrea internally sighed, already knowing what was coming. Sean and James started dating a couple of months after she had graduated after months of flirting and hook-ups. Things had been okay for another few weeks but than they started arguing about everything and anything. They broke up after 5 months but than reunited after three weeks and so their on and off relationship started and have been going on since now.

"What did he do?" Andrea asked. It was basically routine now. Sean scoffed and stopped at a vendor to purchase two coffees for them.                                                                                                                  "I told him I promised you, I would come pick you up considering they were to busy at the shop, and he said okay, it was cool. So a few hours goes by and I started getting ready and he storms into the bedroom demanding to know why I was not answering my phone cause he had been calling me for the past hour. So I told him my phone was on the charge and that I was probably in the shower when he called. He then takes a look at me and asks me where I am going, so I tell him I already told you where I am going and that he should takes his stress away from me. And than he just snowballs from there. Going on about how whenever we come to New York I am always disappearing and everything. So obviously I am not gonna stand there and have him accusing me indirectly of cheating so I got angry and started yelling at him too, than I took the keys while he went into the bathroom to look for heaven knows what and I left." He finishes as they walk across the park to the car. Andrea blows into her coffee while looking for an appropriate response.                                                                                                                                                          "So you just left in the middle of the argument? Has he called you yet?" she asked as she waved at a fellow classmate of hers. She sees Sean smirk out of the corner of her eye and she rolls her eyes already knowing his answer.                                                                                                                                   "I wouldn't know. Left the phone right there." he says and she shakes her head. As soon as Christmas was over and before the new year started she was gonna sit down with the two of them and have them start talking about their relationship.