Chapter 52

The streets was busy, everywhere you went there was some sort of commotion. I sat back into Odette's car softly humming along to the song playing on the radio by Ed Sheeran. My stomach grumbled and I looked at it and sighed. I  wanted to drive around a little more. I spotted Aunt Kc's diner and I drove into the parking lot and parked the car. Grabbing my wallet and phone I left the car and locked it, I couldn't help but feel bad as I made my way over to the diner. I had promised Aunt Kc that I would come visit sometime but I never had. I opened the door and the bell above me rang, the diner was as busy as the streets so I had to look around for an empty space. I spotted one and quickly moved over to the table, I sat down and looked around. It was mostly just teenagers, the two girls nearby looked at me and their eyes widened causing me to widen my eyes too in confusion. Luckily they turned back to each other and continued talking.
"Good afternoon and welcome to Kc's diner. What may I get you?" A voice said and I looked up and saw a waitress looking at me bored.
"I would like a chicken wrap and a coke please." she scribbled it down and looked up.
"Is that all? " I nodded and said
"Could you also please tell Aunt Kc that Andrea would like to speak to her?" she looked around and nodded. She walked away and I followed her and immediately saw Aunt Kc. The waitress said something to her and Aunt Kc looked in my direction and I waved. She smiled when she saw me causing me to smile as well. She moved towards me and I stood up, she hugged me and I hugged her back.
"Andrea, it's good to see you again. How have you been doing?" I shook my head as we sat down.
"A little twicks and turns here and there but I'm doing good now. How have you been doing? " I asked as the waitress sat down my coke.
"Well the business is okay so I'm okay. Is Santa Monica treating you okay?" I laughed and nodded my head.
"Santa has been good to me this past few days." We started talking about everything, finding out the gaps in each others life.

I finished my lunch and my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and my eyes rose in surprise, I swiped the answer button and placed the phone to my ear.
"Poseidon?" I said and saw Aunt Kc look at my neck then smile. I looked at her in confusion but she shook her head.
"Andrea, I'm at your house and there is no one here." he said and I bit my lip standing up.
"I'm really sorry Poseidon, I will be there in 10." he said okay then I ended the call. I took out my wallet and placed the money on the table and looked apoletically at Aunt Kc. She shook her head.
"It was nice talking to again after so long Andrea. You should really come around more often." she said hugging me again. I hugged her back and nodded.
"I promise I will but I really got to go now. Bye Aunt Kc." she said bye and I left the diner and practically ran to Odette's car.

When I reached the house I saw Poseidon's car outside the gate and I pressed the button for the gate to open. He drove through and I followed closing the gates behind me. I parked the car into the garage and got out closing the garage too. I saw Poseidon at the front door and I bit my lip.
"I'm really sorry Poseidon, I was having lunch with an old family friend and I lost track of time." I apologized and he shook his head.
"It's fine." he said curtly and I felled my heart break, I opened the door and we went in. I closed the door while he went up the stairs. I walked into the living room and pressed the button for the curtains to open and it did. I opened the doors and stood in the entry to let the breeze brush past me. I felt my whole mood from earlier drop at the thought of how Poseidon was acting with me. The worst thing was that I couldn't even blame him because I brought it upon myself. Leaning against the door pane I felt tears form in my eyes so I moved to the beach and watched it. I wrapped my hands around myself as I watched the waves crashing against the rocks. I took deep breaths to help stop the tears from falling and suddenly a pairs of arms came around my waist. I was about to freak out when the person said.
"I'm sorry Aprothide." As Poseidon said that I couldn't stop the tears from falling and I turned around and hugged him. He hugged me back tighter and I felt relief flow through my body.
"Please don't say you are sorry Sei cause if you are you are just going to make me feel more worse than I already to. I should be the one apologizing to you because I ignored you and brought this upon myself." I said pulling away from him and looking at him.
"But I shouldn't have acted like a jerk and denied knowing you and treating you so strangely this past few days." he said and I shook my head.
"No, nothing is your fault okay. I was going through stuff and I ignored everyone and everything. But I should have never ignored you because you were one of the few people in my life that exactly cared about me."
He cupped my cheeks and smiled at me.
"I still to." I smiled at him and hugged him again causing him to laugh. I pulled back and he smiled.
"Best friends again." he said holding out his pinky and I laughed. I intertwined my pinky with his and said.
"Best friends" he smiled and hugged me again.
"Let's take a walk Aprothide." I smiled and followed him as he grabbed my hand and walked down the beach. We started talking about everything happening in our life's right now and I left out the almost killing myself and Demon. We started walking back and we heard a bark before we saw the dog. I laughed as my running buddy came into view. He finally reached us and he jumped on me licking me. I bended down to his height and gave him a quick rub. He barked at Sei and I looked at Poseidon who moved to touched him but stopped when he growled at him.
"He doesn't like to be touched." I said and Poseidon gave me a look at me touching him.
"It took me almost three weeks to get the privilege." Poseidon rolled his eyes at the dog and I laughed and saw he had a collar on and I read his name.
"Hunter." As I said his name he gave out a loud bark and wiggled his tail. I stood up and saw Poseidon look at me knowingly smirking. I looked at him in confusion and bit my lip.
"What?" he moved closer to me and I tilted my head in confusion. He smiled and counted up to three for something on my neck.
"Who gave you not one, not two but three hickeys?" my eyes widened at his question.
"I don't have any hickeys." I said and he took out his phone and took a picture. He showed me the photo and my eyes felt like it was popping out. My thoughts went to when Demon kissed me but I am sure he didn't give me hickeys. Or did he really and I hadn't noticed. I felt my face burning and Poseidon noticed.
"Andrea, who did it?" he asked and I shook my head walking away from him.
"Andrea, don't blow me up like that. Come on who did it?" I laughed and picked up my pace. Suddenly I felt myself being lifted from the ground and being moved towards the water. I laughed.
"Poseidon,no!Put me down. " I screamed and he laughed.
"I will, once you tell me who gave you three hickeys. If you don't I will put you down into the water. " I tried to wiggle my way out of his arms as we came closer to the water.
"Fine,fine. It was from Demon." I screamed as he was about to step into the water. He moved away and placed me down.
"Repeat yourself." he said and I blushed.
"It was from Demon." I said softly than turned around laughing as I ran back to the house. Poseidon followed and grabbed my waist and sat me down onto the couch. He looked at me smiling.
"You and Demon? " he asked.
"What about it?"
"Andrea don't leave me hanging, are you two dating?" I laughed and shook my head.
"No, he just kisses me." I said looking down blushing.
"Oh my word.  This is how all great relationships start." I laughed and slapped his shoulder. I laid my head on his shoulder and smiled at the thought of Demon.
"You like him." Poseidon said and I nodded.
"Yeah, we come a long way. He plays a big part in my past. So don't get me wrong okay I don't only like him because of that. He is just amazing." I said blushing more.
"As long as he doesn't break your heart I'm happy for you." he said kissing my hair.
"We should go out for  dinner tonight." Poseidon said and I nodded.
"That'll be nice." I said.
"But for now let's just enjoy the quietness." he said and he placed his arm around me and I  snuggled closer to him.
We sat there and looked out at the windows at the beach. I smiled as I closed my eyes.
I had my best friend back.

Another chapter up and ready for you peoples to read. I hope you like this and if you do please vote for it. And if you want to tell me anything there is a comment section. Thank you to everyone who reads my book. I can't believe all of you read it.
Favour
Please stream Awake and Epiphany by Bts Jin on YouTube and Spotify. It's his birthday present. Please