Sick on Valentine's Day

You smile as you look at the gifts your husband Keith had left for you on the dining room table.

He didn't get up with you for some reason.

You open the the card he left for you and read the sweet note.

It was such a nice note that you almost start crying.
You place the card back down on the table and head back upstairs to thank him.
You find him still asleep.

You go over and kiss his head. Keith stirs in his sleep.
Then wakes up and looks at you.

"Hey Sweetie. Thank you for the amazing card. I love you." You say to him.

You kiss his head again then nuzzle and kiss his neck.
Then you move away.

Keith smiles at you "You're welcome." Keith says as he sits up in bed his face is flushed and pale.

"Keith baby are you feeling alright? You don't look very good." You say as you take your hand and place it on his forehead.
It feels very warm.

"I don't feel very good.  I feel nauseous, my stomach hurts and I have a headache." He says weakly.
"That's not good. I'll get the thermometer." You say as you go to the the bathroom over to the medicine cabinet.

Then you grab the thermometer then go and head back over to Keith.

"Open your mouth." You tell him. Keith nods and opens his mouth.
You place the thermometer under his tongue.

Then gesture for Keith to close his mouth which he does. Then you wait.

A few seconds later it beeps and you take the thermometer out and read the number.
"102.8" You read aloud.

"That's not good bud. Guess we can't go out to dinner tonight because your sick." You say sadly as you place the thermometer on the bedside table.

"No we can't do that. We have to go out." Keith says as he tries to sit up in bed.

"Oh no we aren't going out. You are way too sick" You tell him as you gently push him back against the pillows.

"I don't mind staying home." You tell him. He nods and sighs. Then closes his eyes and moans.

You frown as you kiss Keith's forehead. Then head downstairs to hang out with the girls.

2 hours later

Keith calls for your help.
You rush upstairs to see what he needs.

He's looking as miserable as earlier.
"What's wrong baby?" You ask concerned

He coughs and gags "I'm gonna throw up." He whines you grab the trash can and hold it under his mouth. He starts gagging then vomits.
You rub his back as he heaves.

When he stops you grab a tissue and wipes his mouth. He groans and coughs feeling miserable.

You help him get comfy again and put the trash can beside the bed.  You

feel his forehead and he's still warm.

"Yeah we can't go out for dinner tonight. Let's wait until your feeling better ok?" You tell him.
He nods and sighs heavily.

You kiss him and he kisses back then goes back to sleep.

You and the girls hang out with Keith and watch Valentine's Day movies and you cuddle up with Keith and rub his stomach.

Every once in awhile he throws up.

So you still have to wait to give him any medicine. The girls are concerned about dad and try to help you.

Later after you and the girls have dinner and after you put them to bed.

You curl up with Keith in bed he's been given medicine and you've set up the puke bucket on his side of the bed just Incase he feels nauseous again during the night.

"I'm sorry for ruining our Valentine's Day." He says weakly.
"Baby you didn't ruin anything. You're sick and that's ok we had a nice day together and the girls got to spend time with us too. Its ok I'm not mad." You tell him.

He nods and kisses you. You smile and kiss back
"I promise you that once your better we'll go on a date night. Ok?" You say.

He nods and smiles. "Ok thank you." He says. You smile and cuddle him close and watch the Valentine's Day movies with him until you both fall asleep.

A/N I hope you enjoy this Valentine's Day update