He tries to hide being sick

You sigh as you get into the car leaving your office for the day to head home the girls were at a friend's house and you smiled at the thought of you and your husband Keith having a weekend to yourselves.

It will be perfect you thought to yourself.

Once you get home Keith is there waiting for you he's sitting on the couch not looking well.

"Hey why are you home early? You aren't supposed to be home until 7:00 are you ok?"

You ask Keith nods "I'm fine" he snaps

You back away surprised by his sudden anger. "Calm down I was just asking if your ok you don't look good"
Upon hearing this your German Shepherd Duke lifts his head from his bed on the floor a few feet away.

He tilts  his head to the side as if he's listening to the conversation. "You want to still go out to eat?" You ask cautiously

Keith nods as he gets up and heads to the door. Duke gets up and heads over to the rack where his protection dog vest is hung on.

Ok I guess Duke wants to come with us." You say as you reach and get Duke's vest and puts it on him.

You then take his leash and clip it to his collar "let's go" you say as Keith leads out to the door with you and Duke following close behind him.

10 minutes later.

Once you arrive at the restaurant you get out and call Duke out of the car.

Duke jumps out and goes to stand at your side.

Then Keith gets out and follows you and Duke into the restaurant.
Once you get inside and get a seat you command Duke to lay down under the table.

Then you and Keith talk and order food.
10 minutes later

Keith sighs as he stares at his food he had only eaten 10 bites of food before stopping not finishing his meal it made you wonder if he was sick. 

Then he quickly gets up and runs away to the bathroom.

You knew immediately something was wrong with him but you knew interfering and asking what was wrong would really upset him.

Duke go get dad" you say as you unsnap Duke's leash  you watch as Duke follows Keith's scent.
10 minutes later.
Keith Finally comes back to the table with Duke in tow.

Keith looks worse than earlier but you don't say anything about it even though you really want to.
You sigh as you clip Duke's leash to his collar. "Let's go home" you say as you quickly get up and lead Duke out of the restaurant Keith follows close behind.

Later that night.
You sigh as you listen to Keith get up for what seems like the hundredth time
The poor thing kept getting sick and he couldn't sleep because every time he tried he would have to get up and get sick again.

You really wanted to help him every time he puked but he didn't want you hovering over him.

You sigh again listening to him cough and gag.

Duke gets up and heads into the bathroom only to be pushed aside.
Duke's trying  to help we both are you think to yourself as you listen to Keith's cries.

The next day

You sigh as You and Duke sit outside the bedroom door you were to scared to go in for Fear Keith would get mad at you and want you to leave. His behavior was strange he'd never acted this way when he was sick.

He'd usually want your comfort and care but not this time.

So it greatly concerned you every time he pushed you away.

So you decided to send Duke in to check on him.
You open the bedroom door then command Duke to go in.

Duke obeyed and heads into the room and then heads into the bathroom.
You then head in and find Keith laying on the floor not looking good. 

Duke whimpers and licks Keith's face before going to lay down next to him. "Good boy Duke" you say as you kneel down next to Keith.

Keith whimpers as you place your hand on his forehead and find it feeling very warm. "I knew you were sick you just don't want my help"

You say with a smirk on your face.

Keith whimpers and cries as you help him up. He sighs as you take his hand and lead him to bed.

"Come on I'll take care of you" you say as he gets into bed. He nods and coughs.

"Now don't ever do that to me again you had me really worried" you say firmly he nods again. "Can we cuddle?" He asks "Ugh fine but only because your cute when your sick" you say with a smile.

As you go to your side of the bed and climb into bed and hug him close he sighs and snuggles

up against you before falling asleep. "Sleep tight buddy"
you whisper to him as you close your eyes and fall asleep. Duke then jumps up and joins you and he curls up next to you.

A/N Another update??! Yay!! Me anyway I hope you enjoy this :)