Terribly high fever

A/N Trigger Warning!  Mention of drug and Alcohol abuse. ⚠️

Takes place in 2005

You frown as your boyfriend is sweating buckets and coughing up mucus.
You'd had gone to his apartment to check on him and found him curled up in his bed.

Sweating and had flushed checks and when you felt his forehead. 

It was almost boiling.

When you checked with a thermometer his temperature was 103.6 any higher and it would become even more dangerous for him.

"oh Keith." You coo at him as you try to cool him down with a wash cloth. He moans in relief from the cool rag.
He felt so out of it and fatigued and achy.

You know if his temp doesn't go down soon he might need to go to the hospital.

That's why you were trying to cool him down as much as possible before bringing him.

A few minutes later.

Keith was whimpering in pain and squirming in bed.
You knew his stomach hurt cuz he was complaining of stomach pains.

But he was getting too weak to get up.
You had to help him to the bathroom when he needed the bathroom or to throw up.

He was clearly getting worse and you knew he needed to go to the ER.

After he vomits for what seems the 100th time since you arrived. 

You grab a bag and grab clothes and toiletries for him.
Then help him out to your car.

He's coughing and then he spits up a chunk of green mucus.

He groans and coughs up even more. He gags and spits.

"Everything hurts!" He wails.

You frown and try to calm him as he's getting super anxious and making himself feel even worse.

At the hospital.

Keith and you are seen as soon as you both enter the building and Keith's immediately admitted and brought into a room.
You follow suit to help in anyway you can.

The doctors fuss over him and give him IVs and medicine to help bring down his fever.

You stay nearby and once he's settled in bed. You play with his hair and nuzzles him.

"How am I going to afford this?" He asks sounding weak and raspy due to raspy and dry throat.

"I'll pay for it babes. You don't have to worry."
You tell him.

He nods too weak to argue with you about hospital payments.

He had been sick a lot recently and you knew it was because of his drug and alcohol use.

You knew it would eventually catch up to him and make him severely ill to the point of needing to be in the hospital.

You cuddle him and kiss him and rub his aching stomach. 

Soon he was able to fall asleep and he curled up with you.

Later that night.

The nurses took his vitals one last
time for awhile to let him sleep.

Keith threw up after that and the nurses decided to increase the Anti-nausea medication to help settle his stomach down.

Soon after that he fell asleep.

You stayed nearby holding his hand and every time he woke up and was sick or needed the bathroom. 
You helped him with it.

Thankfully the vomiting spells began to decrease and the issues with diarrhea also began to decrease because of the medication given.

He was slowly looking much better. 

Sure the nurses were coming in every few hours to check his vitals but he was actually still getting a decent amount of sleep for the first time in a long time.

You slept awhile too and made sure to not leave his side. 

He was still coughing up mucus but the doctor had said that it was good to help him clear his lungs and it would feel better.

The coughing the doctor said started first then the other symptoms and fever came after.

You felt better knowing what was causing the issue and you hoped a few days in the hospital would help him get better.

The next morning Keith was showing lots of improvements.

Color was returning to his face and he was a little more alert.

You helped him eat a small amount of breakfast and take his medicine.

You were so glad he was finally getting better

A/N enjoy this update.