The Flu during Grammys week

A/N requested by Boundtostay on Tumblr.
Takes place in 2006.

He felt so terrible and he had a long week ahead of him.

The Grammys tribute to James Taylor, Concerts, meet and greets and all the events leading up to the Grammys.

He was shivering in his bunk bed and was coughing almost nonstop.

He'd almost lost his voice too.

You go and sit next to him and stroke his sweaty hair worried about him.

"Keithy I think you should cancel you're unwell."

"But babe I can't it's super important we do the James Taylor event." He says before coughing into his arm.

You sigh heavily knowing that it's pointless to argue.
You spend the night taking care of him and making sure he's comfortable.

The next day.
Keith preps for the James Taylor tribute, still looking sick but seemed to have improved from the day before.
You were super worried about him but you knew better then to be over concerned and as long as he was resting in between the events.
He'd be ok.
Thankfully all goes well.

The next few days are a blur of meds, water, soundchecks, concerts, interviews and so on.
By the end of the week.

He's completely worn out and you try to convince him to cancel going to the Grammys.

He groans and shakes his head as he finishes last minute preparations before getting on stage.

"I'll be ok. You worry to much." He says his voice sounding tired and raspy.

You shake your head. Oh your ridiculous you know that? Straight to bed after this is over alright you look like shit." You say.

"I know you've being saying that all day." He says.

"Sorry buddy but when your sick you look like shit."
He laughs and kisses your nose. Then heads to perform.

As soon as the Grammys are over. You both return to the hotel room. Keith showers, changes into pjs and brushes his teeth, and has medicine and water before crawling into bed with you.
"Thanks for taking care of me." He says weakly with a smile.

"No problem sweetie. Anything for you." You reply.
Soon you both fall asleep.

After a few days off resting at the hotel. Keith felt much better.