Someone hurts him

You had just finished up work the girls were at a friend's house. Your husband Keith was doing some stuff outside. When all of the sudden you hear a scream and a yelp. And you know immediately that it's Keith. Quickly getting up you call to Duke your German Shepherd personal protection dog as you run out the door Duke runs ahead and runs right to where a strange man is seen beating up Keith you yell Duke's Attack command at the top of your lungs Duke runs at the man biting him and knocking the man down Duke then stands over the Man barking at him and growling "Good boy Duke watch him." You say before rushing over to get Keith.
He cries when he sees you and tries to move but yelps in pain. "It's ok baby stay laying down stay down." You say as you sit next to his head then he moves until his head is laying on your lap. He yelps and cries in pain as your take your phone to call 911 with Duke keeping the strange man from moving and running away.
Once the police arrive they run to take the man away Duke is still standing over the man. "It's ok Duke Come Duke come" you say Duke growls and refuses to leave the man. "It's ok Duke the police will take the bad guy come here" you say Duke then backs off leaving the man and runs to you and Keith. Duke whimpers and gently licks Keith's face.
Keith yelps and whines as you take a napkin from your back pocket to wipe away the blood from his bleeding nose. Thankfully the man hadn't done severe damage. But he did cause bruises and minor injuries. Or so you think. Keith was closing his eyes you try to get him to stay awake for fear of a head injury.
Once of the police men runs up to check on you and Keith. "Hey is everything ok?" The officer asks "Yeah I think so do you think that you can look Keith over? If you have a first aid kit." You ask "yes hey guys I need a first aid kit over here" the officer calls to his friends. Once the officer has the kit he sits down in front of you to look Keith over.
Once he finishes looking him over the officer tells you Keith is fine but has minor injuries. "I can stay guard for you guys out here for awhile if you want me to." The officer says "Thank you I need to get Keith inside are you sure you want to stay?"
You ask the officer "I would be happy to stay guarding the house."
He says he then introduces himself as Officer Briggs. And you introduce yourself and Duke. You sigh as Keith looks at you with tears in his eyes. "It's ok Keith can you get up?" You ask he nods before getting up and starts to stumble towards the house you quickly get up to help him and call Duke to come inside. While officer Briggs stands guard outside the house. Once you and Keith are inside Keith heads to the bathroom to wash his face and you head to help him you grab tissues and stand next to him he's leaning over the sink his nose still bleeding from the fight you hand him a tissue he takes it and presses it against his nose. "You ok now?" You ask when you see him shaking. He shakes his head and whines. "Let's see the rest of your injuries ok? Face me" you say Keith then turns to face you.

You gasp since it was dark outside you couldn't really see the extent of his injuries. But now you could see them all. A black eye, cuts and scraps, bruises all over his arms and legs and a big gash on his right knee because he's wearing short sleeves and shorts the attacker was able to hurt his arms and legs. Your speechless and silently panicking as you grab your first aid kit you kept in the bathroom. "Keith sit down I need to fix this." You say firmly Keith obeys and sits on the floor you kneel down in front of him to clean the wounds once the wounds are clean and bandaged. Keith is shaking and whimpering in pain "it's ok buddy it's ok" you say calmly "Let's get you some water and medicine to help the pain so we can go to bed come on." You say as you close the first aid kit and put it away. Keith nods before getting up to follow you. He's stumbling as he tries to follow you. You reach your hand out to take his hand and lead him upstairs.
Once he's upstairs and in bed. You head back downstairs to get medicine and some water. Once you reach the landing you find Officer Briggs standing in the doorway the door closed behind him with Duke sitting next to him. "I see you made a friend with My dog." You joke as you head to the kitchen to grab a glass of water then you head to the bathroom and grab some pain medicine and then
You leave the bathroom. And head towards the stairs. Officer Briggs smiles when you reach the stairs. "Is Keith ok?" He asks "Yes he's doing better it turns out his injuries were a bit more serious than we thought but not that severe. Just a few cuts and bruises a black eye and a big gash on his right knee. Don't worry about it I cleaned him up and he's in bed now. How much longer are you staying?" You ask "About ten more minutes I want to make sure the guy that did this was acting alone."
"Ok thanks for all your help I need to get the medicine to Keith so Thanks for all the help." "No problem and here's my card in case this happens again."
He says handing you his business card.
"Thank you well goodnight Officer Briggs." "Goodnight he says before turning and opening the door and heading outside to guard for a few more minutes. You call Duke to follow you upstairs you then quickly close the door lock it then head upstairs with Duke following close behind.

The guy who had attacked Keith did so because he hated him so much. Thankfully the guy was going to be locked up in prison for the rest of his life. And your very grateful for both Duke and officer Briggs for helping protect Keith.

A/N It's a another long one sorry for it being so long and don't worry this plot is all made up. Don't worry