Chapter 17 // Babysitting

•Cassidy

When the sun peeked through the sheer curtains that were dangling from the top of the window and illuminated the room, my eyes quickly shot open. I groaned loudly, moving my hands up to cover my eyes and attempt to fall back asleep. But there was no use. I was officially awake now.

I expected to still be on the couch, with a boy who was always the best at cuddling to be underneath me as a pillow. I was on the bed instead, meaning that Calum must have carried me in here at some point, or that I had developed a habit of sleep-walking over night.

Music was playing throughout the home and I could faintly hear the distant sounds of it echoing throughout a speaker. I stood up, brushing my hair out of my face with my fingers and heading towards the music to see why it was necessary so early in the morning.

With a few steps into the hallway, the music became even louder and I also could hear some singing. I spotted Calum in the kitchen, his back to me as he seemed to be cooking something. A loud gasp escaped my mouth, which I rapidly smothered with my palm, as I realized that Calum was completely naked.

A white towel was resting on the floor, meaning that he probably had recently taken a shower, and that his butt was on full display. He did have a nice butt though; it was perfectly round and toned, and seemed incredibly squeezable.

"Calum," I finally called, since he had yet to notice my presence as he was too busy concentrating on the pancakes in front of him.

Calum jumped as he heard my voice, turning off the music with a swift click of the remote. His back was still facing me. "Cass?"

I giggled. "You have a nice butt."

"Jesus Christ," He grumbled under his breath, letting out an embarrassed chuckle as he carefully bent down to retrieve his towel and wrap it around his waist again. Calum finally spun around to see me, and his cheeks were bright red. "Why are you up so early?" Calum yelled, as if he was mad at me for interrupting his little pants-off dance-off.

I shrugged, sinking into one of the chairs placed behind the kitchen island that separated us. "I guess I just sensed that I was going to see some booty today."

Calum picked up a single red grape among the bowl full of them that was lingering on the counter, and proceeded to pelting the fruit right at my forehead as if a target had been placed right in the valley between my brows. "Shut up. You know you liked it."

"True. We should totally do our squats together," I suggested, mocking a peppy tone and laughing to myself.

Calum rolled his brown eyes at me as if the motion was a second nature. "I don't think you could handle my intensity, babe."

My heart stopped at the use of babe as a term of endearment. I was aware that it was just friendly, especially considering the fact that I call the majority of the people I know that, but it still caused an exhilarating rush to trickle through my veins. I licked my lips before forcing a grin, trying my best to act casual and as if he hadn't completely taken me by surprise. And trying to cover up the fact that my body instantly reacted in a similar way that I feel when Luke kisses me. Dammit, this is confusing.