Chapter 45: The Magic Ball

Chapter 45: The Magic Ball

     An hour passed and everyone was already dressed up for the Ball. They were waiting for Natsumi and Hope at the entrance of the castle where the Ball was going to be celebrated.

"Man, what's taking them so long...?" Natsu complained.

"Be patient, Natsu-san. Maybe Natsumi-san forgot something, I think she'll be here in no-time." Wendy said.

"Yeah, not waiting for a woman is not a men thing!" Elfman said.

"Oh boy..." Lucy sweat-dropped.

"Here she comes!" Erza announces while everyone looked at her.

"There you are, girls." Gray said with a smile.

"Yeah, here we are." Natsumi said with a smile while Hope rubbed her eyes and sobbed.

"Hope, are you okay?" Happy asked worried. Hope looked at him and slowly nodded.

"Yeah... It's just that I accidently broke one of Natsumi's favorite sweater..." Hope said sadly.

"Hope, I already told you like 100 times that it was just an accident! Don't worry about it, will ya'?" Natsumi said while she tried to comfort Hope. She nodded.

"Alright, now that we're all here, I want you to each one of you take a lacrima. In case that someone sees something suspicious, we shall call eachother." Erza explained while everyone grabbed a lacrima. "Now that this is all settled, let's go inside. We got a mission to finish." Erza said and everyone nodded. After that, everyone walked in and saw the inside.

"Woah..." Natsumi said in awe. The place was huge and beautifully decorated. They went inside and saw everyone with masks.

"Erza, this is a Ball with Masks?" Lucy asked and Erza nodded.

"Then how are we suppose to find the Phantom?!" Hope said.

"We just have to keep our eyes wide open for any suspicious person." Erza said and everyone nodded. Then, they went to the stage and the announcer grabbed the microphone.

"Good night, ladies and gentlemen. At this moment, we will give start to the Anual Magic Ball!" He said and everyone applauded. "And tonight, we have a very special guests, please welcome the mages of the strongest guild on Fiore, Fairy Tail!" He said while all of them bowed and the crowd applauded. "Please enjoy the night while it last!" He said and then Natsu's Team (with Elfman) got off stage.

"Alright everyone, here's the next part of the plan: We're going to separate into different groups and spread across the crowd, that way, we'll be able to see the Phantom from any posible ways." Erza explained and everyone nodded.

"Right!" Everyone responded. After that, they started to separate into pairs.

"Come on,  Luce! We'll go up high to be the first ones to see the Phantom!" Natsu said while he dragged Lucy.

"W-Wait! Natsu!" She said and then they disappeared between the crowd.

"Hey Wendy, do you mind if I take you to dance? Erza kind of scares me..." Elfman whispered that last part and Wendy nodded.

"Of course, Elfman-san." Wendy said with a smile and then they left.

"Charls..." Happy said.

"Let me guess, you want to take me to dance?" Charls said seriously. Happy widened his eyes.

"How'd you know?"

"It was pretty obvious... Why don't you go with Hope instead?" Charls asked seriously.